Comp Coupe Wheels

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can order them through Jon B or straight from Viper Race Headquarters I believe. They are 3 pc. BBS. I believe close to $5k Brad, I put a set of the 2Pc BBS LM wheels (Parts Rack)on my blue/white GTS and they look great. Better looking than the CC wheel and several K cheaper.

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Steve and he gave me the lowdown on the wheels.

The stock Comp Coupe 3 piece BBS forged wheels go for $1,050 each and weigh in at 10.4 and 10.8 kg respectively).

The World Challenge wheels are smaller in widths (because they are spec'd by the series) but are made out of forged magnesium (not too practical for the street). They go for about $1,600 a piece and weigh in at 7.6 and 8.1 kg each.

I've got to believe that by going to a dramatically lighter wheel and reducing coner weighting, that it'll really improve the car's handling. I know what I'm getting for my track set-up.

Steve at Viper Race HQ/ Everham Performance was very helpful.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Brad

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Steve and he gave me the lowdown on the wheels.

I've got to believe that by going to a dramatically lighter wheel and reducing coner weighting, that it'll really improve the car's handling. I know what I'm getting for my track set-up.

Brad

Why not save the $6K on wheels and just make up the differnce on the track by braking just a little bit later and getting out of the corners just a little bit faster :)

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What did you pick up the LM's for? Did you mount street tires on them or track tires? Do you have any idea how much they weigh? My guess would be 19 pounds for the rears.

Brad

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I traded in my stock 17" to Jon B and paid the differnce. I'm sure I could have a got a few hundred more selling them on the open market, but I wasn't willing to deal with the hassel of selling them. I needed the rims pronto. If I remember corrctly it was around $2K give or take a few hundred. I had to go with 18" rims when I put the Stop Techs on all 4 corners. I actually have 2 sets of 12.5 X 18 CCW's that I use for the track. So the BBS LM wheels do have my street tires mounted on them when I run the Viper Days events. I run the Good Year Slicks on the CCW's when at the track. :)
-Jonathan

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like the offset (34mm) is quite a bit different for the 3pc BBS CompCoupe wheel from the 2pc BBS (51mm/71mm)...

Did you guys have to put in hub rings or some other adjustment to make the CC wheel work correctly on a GTS Coupe?

Thanks,

John