Computer programming/ custom calibrations

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DC Performance now offers computer calibrations and custom tuning for all year model Vipers and Viper truck (1992-2006).

Optimized fuel and timing curves
Race fuel calibrations
Revised fan cycling
Skip shift delete
Calibrations for larger injectors/ cam and heads.
Supercharger specific calibration

We also offer in shop dyno testing and tuning, including AEM stand alone systems, VEC 2 and water methanol systems.

For any tuning questions, please feel free to call us.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc
310-841-6996

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan I recently purchased the upgraded programming for my somewhat stock 04 Viper. I couldn't be happier. their is a noticeable increase in mid range power which now comes on a lot quicker than the stock computer program did even at half throttle. The engine is just more responsive in the mid rpm range.

Prior to my purchase I must admit i was a bit skeptical about the programming since I have done this mod on other cars (M3 and 911) with no noticeable seat of the pants change. This mod was well worth it.

Thanks for a great product.

Tom

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, Thank you for a great product. This upgrade is a plug and play mod. Dan made me a custom program for our highly modified test mule ( Viper ), and put it in a new ECM so we could retain the old one for EMISSION TESTING and FOR WHEN YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOU VIPER INTO THE DEALER FOR WORK TO BE DONE. This is very important as the dealer has a bad habit of downloading any new updates into your car when it is in for service. If he does this will overwrite Dan's program. All you need to do is spend 10 minutes swapping the ECM's over when the car is cold. The one thing you need to do before installing Dan's program is to install a new 180 degree thermostat as he reprograms the temperature so that the fan comes on at a lower temperture and make it cycle longer.

The car runs much smoother.
The car run quiter.
The engine temp on a 90 degree day never gets above 185.
The oil temp on a 90 degree day never gets above 200 even with the A/C running.
The car ia a hole lot cooler when the A/C is running as the engine coolant is cooler making the engine run cooler therefor you get cooler inside the car.
The car no longer has any popping when you let off on the gas.
The car has a very smooth acceleration right to red line and is much smoother and sounds better than the stock ECM.
I have found that my fuel mileage has increased a little bit to.
The car has a lot more jump to it when cruising and flooring the gas. Same holds true for mid range accelerations.
We find that now you can drive in 5th gear or 6th gear the the car really pulls when passing ba slower car.

I would recommend this modification to everyone as you get a side benifit of have your A/C controled by the ECM. With the Mopar Performance Module there is no provision for the A/c.

Again Dan, Great job on this upgrade, it is tops on my list.

If anyone has questions about this product, or needs help specing it out or installing it, please feel free to call me.

Robbie

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car still does pop upon releasing the gas in gear. Not as much as it did, but still does it mostly in the lower rpms now.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you install a .003 to .005 ship between the throttle stop and the throttle arm along with a throttle return spring this will eliminate this popping problem.

Robbie

We have them in stock

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nader, I actually like the popping noise.
So do I but a lot of people hate it. With the shim and spring in place if you don't let off the gas all the way you still get the popping noise. The best of both worlds for me. As for HP gains, I have not dynoed the car yet but Dan told me 25-35 on the phone.
Robbie

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way be sure to tell Dan what gasoline octane is available in your area, and if you use octane booster like I do, as he tunes for 91 octane unless you tell him otherwise.

Robbie

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plug and play if you chose to buy a new computer to swap out your existing.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The is a plug and play mod. You should always opt for a new ECM as then you have your stock ECM to swap back i nto the car if you ever need to have the car repaired at your dealer. Dealers tend to dump in all the latest downloads into your car as they get bpaid by DC to do so. These downloads will overwrite your modified ECM and will render it stock again.

We have then for $949.95 complete with a new 180 degree thernmostst which is a must before doing this ECM modification.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang