Corsa 3" with high flow cats VS complete Belanger exhaust for 2006 coupe?

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
personally like the corsa over all others.
I know u didn't ask but b & b is pretty nice as well.

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had this with ceramic cats and it sounded fantastic! Everyone that heard the car loved the sound!

OP
OP
P

philbrian

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you talking about the Belanger or Corsa track 3" cat back?

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about the Belanger or Corsa track 3" cat back?

The Corsa with high flows is really loud, for me it is to much and makes the vehicle uncomfortable to drive.

I have the full Belanger and love it. Headers look great. You should go to an event and listen to other members cars.

Garrett

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen4 now w/ Roe H/F cats and Corsa and I think it sounds good. Not loud at all at cruise, but when you go WOT it screams.

I had an '06 w/ just the Corsa and it sounded way better than stock, but with the stock cats it obviously was not as loud as with the high flows.

Not sure if I can e-mail it to you, but I have a short vid my bud took of me at the strip a few weeks ago on his I-phone. Basically it shows me doing my burnout, but it may give you an idea of what the high flow cats/Corsa sound like. I'm willing to *try* to send it to you if you'd like to hear it - e-mail me [email protected]

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Corsa 3" track along with Random 3" high-flow ceramic cats, and it sounds good. I personally would like it to be louder, so if I were to do it again I would have gone with the metal substrate cats.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corsa with high flows is really loud, for me it is to much and makes the vehicle uncomfortable to drive.

I have the full Belanger and love it. Headers look great. You should go to an event and listen to other members cars.

Garrett

Agreed. I had Corsa with high-flow (metallic) cats in a GTS and it droaned so much it made my ears bleed. I put ceramic cats on and it help a lot. That was with the help of Jon B. at Parts Rack. Give him a call and he can set you up. Also, call Corsa as they have specific cat application combination recommendations depending on the car. I think they also have videos on their website that show the sound of each type. At least they used to. Good luck.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Corsa 3" track along with Random 3" high-flow ceramic cats, and it sounds good. I personally would like it to be louder, so if I were to do it again I would have gone with the metal substrate cats.

There you go. Exactly the same experience I had, but in reverse. I wanted a little less noise so I went with Ceramic. The metal ones will be loud.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How did you all decide between these combinations, in 3.0 vs. 2.5. I have been told that if you don't do headers you sacrifice a little torque by going to 3.0. Also, I am interested in opinions on sound differences.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you all decide between these combinations, in 3.0 vs. 2.5. I have been told that if you don't do headers you sacrifice a little torque by going to 3.0. Also, I am interested in opinions on sound differences.

I just went with 3" for air flow reasons, although... the stock system is smaller so the exhaust still goes through smaller (2.5) pipes (stock manifold and short pipe off that) until it would be attached to the new system.