corsa exhaust/high flow cat system

danviper1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This past weekend, removed the stock exhaust/cats from 05 SRT 10 Viper and replaced with random technology 3" high flow cats and 3" corsa exhaust. The cats are spun medal. Folks on here said that the viper would sound "a little different" Ah.....little different? When I started to car up on the lift for the first time after changing out the exhaust, all I could say is Oh my Good Lord. Sounds like a totally different car!!!!!! Man, the sound in the cabin is a touch more then stock but on the outside from idle to higher RPMs, it sounds totally different. As close to nascar as you can get. At Idle, sounds like a hotroded John Deere Tractor and when you take off, there is simply nothing else out there that sounds like it. I had a z06 in front of me on way home from where worked on exhaust, he must have heard me come up behind me and politely moved into right lane and let me go by. WOW!!! IF you have not done this upgrade on yours, I really believe this combined with the K and N intake will turn your car from something that is allready spectacular to something that is unlike anything else out there, accept maybe another viper. Thanks Jon B and folks on this website.
PS: I measured the diameter of stock exhaust that took off of car, It is 2 3/8 inchs which is significantly different from the now true 3 inch system that has replaced it.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to hear the metal substrate and ceramic cat systems side by side. I went with the ceramic cats, and the sound is OK, but I could use a few more dB of volume and probably be happier. From what I hear, the metal substrate cats are noticeably louder than the ceramics. I've also heard that there a subjective opinion out there that while the ceramics aren't as loud, they sound 'better' overall. One of these days, hopefully I'll run across someone with the same 3" Corsa system but with the 3" metal cats - I'd really like to compare the sound.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth