corsa exhaust

danviper1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question concerning this corsa exhaust for those of you who have made this modification. Do you think the viper sounds louder/better after modification? How much of a change in horsepower could you expect of you tie these to the stock catalytic converters and leave rest of system the same??

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the type of viper you have will help and there is an exhaust thread with almost all configurations to listen to for yourself. do a search for it

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question concerning this corsa exhaust for those of you who have made this modification. Do you think the viper sounds louder/better after modification? How much of a change in horsepower could you expect of you tie these to the stock catalytic converters and leave rest of system the same??

I had a Corsa and was NOT impressed however many owners love them. Sounds better than stock?---YES (but what does not?) Louder than stock?---Not much IMO and thats why I did not like Corsa. The biggest advantage is a nice weight savings over stock and the appearance is much nicer. Its worth only a few HP and is not the reason to get one if thats what you want. IF you really get serious about buying one call Jon at the PartsRack and he will guide you through the best cat back system for your needs at the best price too.

F

FrgMstr

Put Corsa catbacks on my 2005. Stock cats. Main reason was to get rid of the cockpit surrounding stocker heat. Made the cockpit a LOT cooler and the side sills a lot cooler. The Corsa exhaust is a LOT louder than the stock. In fact, it sounded like the card with no catbacks on at all. It is LOUD. Good, but loud.

Exhaust clip there is HERE for Gen I and II, but plenty of SRTs in there. You did not give details on what you are driving exactly. Give it a look for sure. Hope you have good speakers.

I would not expect HP increase you could feel though. Couple the exhaust upgrade with a tune and it would be something substantial.

http://vimeo.com/24790860

OP
OP
D

danviper1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I have an 05 Mamba. If you change out the cats, how much extra does that cost roughly? Do the 02 sensors plug into them? Have not looked mine over closely enough.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not a big fan of corsa. Went with Tators recommendation and got Billy Boat. Love it. Sounds MUCH better than corsa.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Sorry, I have an 05 Mamba. If you change out the cats, how much extra does that cost roughly? Do the 02 sensors plug into them? Have not looked mine over closely enough.

Like GTSR 91 said. Call JonB. Everything you just typed he can explain. Just search his name and get his #tel

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed Corsa Track with high flow cats on my 2008 Acr.
The sound is a bit louder at idle...Much loader at full boot.
Great purring at 2600 rpm.
Sound a bit crackley on low rpm deceleration.
I had Bellinger on my 2001 GTS which side pipes with high flow cats ....wicked resonation...junked them in 300 miles...could not take the sound.
Good luck.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful to distinguish cats and mufflers when talking about loudness, tone, and drone. Hi-flo cats add loudness and dronability in themselves. Corsas are best at reducing drone.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did just the Corsa on my '06. As mentioned above, it did sound better, but not too loud. Also it did help to cool down the side sills quite a bit.

I wanted my '08 even louder, so I went with Roe H/F Cats and Corsa. Definitely more 'throaty', especially when you go WOT. Still not very loud when cruising though, IMO. The H/F cats really helped to keep the side sill temps down even more than just the Corsa.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4