Corsa or Belanger Cat Back ?

viper srt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

my 2008 viper is installed with american racing headers 1 3/4" and K&N intake system and I'm looking forward to replace my OEM cat back.

so which cat back do recommend me to buy? corsa or belanger ? with or without cat ? I'm looking for a good sound ( noisy :D ) or better than stock cat back. and after that for sure I will install the Mopar PMC :headbang:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Belanger cat back by far and they are priced right too. I have had two 09 Vipers and the first had the Corsa cat back with oem cats. My current 09 has the Belanger cat back and oem cats. It has a little more aggressive sound. The Corsa is not quite as loud as the Belanger IMO.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got Corsa from Mark Jorgensen. Very pleased. Stopped the drone and got rid of the crossover - which you don't have. Sound is great, quality is great. But it is throaty not loud and sounds way better than stock.

Hello everyone,

my 2008 viper is installed with american racing headers 1 3/4" and K&N intake system and I'm looking forward to replace my OEM cat back.

so which cat back do recommend me to buy? corsa or belanger ? with or without cat ? I'm looking for a good sound ( noisy :D ) or better than stock cat back. and after that for sure I will install the Mopar PMC :headbang:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a full Belanger system...it's pretty loud, but I like it that way. What you won't be able to tell from audio clips is that the Belanger has a lot more bass in the tone. Corsa sounds good too, though.

OP
OP
V

viper srt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks all for your feedback, but still not sure what to order !!

what about borla ?

what I can tell it is not that common for viper ?

F

FrgMstr

Belanger system does sound good, but there is drone in the car while cruising. If that does not worry you then it definitely sounds nice otherwise.

I will put the Corsa catbacks back on this summer when I have a long drive. The drone kicks in right at 2000RPMs which is easy to work around while cruising.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
My car had Borla's on it when I bought it (stock headers and cats though). They have a nice low hum to them that's not too bad on the ears. I guess it would probably be considered drone by most, but it's not too bad when just cruising. When you get it around 2000-2500 it gets pretty ear filling and would probably be annoying for long drives, but I drove it back 13 hours when I bought it and I wasn't too deaf.

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Complete the American racing headers with a set of 3" catless borlas that are on the ACRX cars.
It will make you smile, I guarantee it.
It's loud, and sounds mean.
Stick to "proven" name brand, even if they are a few bucks more. I watched a friends 2010 smoke like it was about to ignite on fire after a couple laps with some crap made one off headers that didn't fit worth a dam to start. A few bucks saved, cost him a lot more in the end. Needless to say he now has "brand name" quality and enjoying the ride.

Last edited:
F

FrgMstr

How do you guys get around emissions?

Varies state to state and county to county, but I see you are in Texas. In Collin County and most large counties in Texas, they no longer check emissions with a sniff test (for most newer cars, maybe some older ones), instead they just plug into the OBDII port and check to see if you car has thrown any CEL warnings. If it passes this "test" your car passes emissions. If you install a Mopar PCM, the OBDII will return a no reading screen, and therefore it will not pass. I own land out in far East Texas where they do not test smog or test for CEL warnings; they never plug into the OBDII port, so it is like an old school inspection...blinkers, check...horn, check.... I registered my car out of the city.

You might be able to talk to some of the guys on the DFWAutoClub.com forum about where to check for places that might be a bit "lenient" closer to home.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yep, my "inspection" here in Kansas is pretty much just check the VIN against the title and off you go.

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the Belanger Headers with cat delete and Borla exhaust. It sounds fantastic...load...crispy and muscle like. I had the edelbrock headers on before the belangers still with the Borla dn they were even loader, but, restrictive. the belangers run smooth and perform much better IMO of course.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've got the Belanger Headers with cat delete and Borla exhaust. It sounds fantastic...load...crispy and muscle like. I had the edelbrock headers on before the belangers still with the Borla dn they were even loader, but, restrictive. the belangers run smooth and perform much better IMO of course.

Did you have your Borla's on before your heads and cat delete? I've been debating a set of headers at some point, but was unsure how much it would change the sound. I also want to keep whatever cats I can, not so much because I need them for smog testing, but since I drive the car practically every day and leave at 6:00 in the morning I try to be nice to the neighbors and not have it be too loud.

rext

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently got a Corsa catback system and put it on my '06 last night. Its much better than original but still a bit on the quiet side.Very nice quality by the way. I was thinking about removing one of the cats on each side. The ones under the side sills,downstream of the O2 sensor. Has anyone done this on the stock cats and what difference is there? I dont want to go completely catless because of gas fumes but yet still desire something just a notch up in sound. I would have done a complete system but would probably just get an '08 or newer for a power increase standpoint since this was more of a sound/heat issue for me. Are there any issues with removing the second cat? anything to gain? Going to finish it up tonight so would love to know what your experiences are.