Crash in PA...

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone here? hopefully the driver was ok cause that looks like blood near the passenger side on the ground..And how fast do you have to go to get a Viper airborne and flip it?? Jesus...

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best wishes and thoughts for the occupants. It looks like it was not crushed. I think Viper rollovers are not common; but, it looks like an embankment in the background. If there is a drainage gully there also, I can imagine a scenario that would have the car doing some bad things if it went offroad there and then "tripped" on the gully, coming back on road. That might not take huge speed. Anyways, scary stuff !!!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gary Edward Latini Sr., 51, of Folcroft, “was found to be DUI,” according to an incident report issued by Pennsylvania State Police and charged at district court in Middletown.
It took firefighters about 15 minutes to extract a 20-year-old male passenger from the 1998 Dodge Viper.
“He was talking to us but he wouldn’t have been much longer,” said Mark Kirchgasser, chairman of Middletown Township Council and longtime firefighter with Middletown Fire Company No. 1. “His hand was trapped between the car and the street and he had lost a good amount of blood.”
The one-paragraph release from State Police made no mention of the injury. It said Latini was “traveling north on Indian Lane at a high rate of speed” before he lost control of the car.
O’Brien could hear the car accelerating before it came into view. “They were coming down the hill and it sounded like he was opening it up,” he said. “You know what a Viper sounds like when you wind it up. I turned to my wife and said, ‘This can’t be good.’”
Kirchgasser said the car may have caught air before it went off the road.
“He could have hit a bump and found the wheels cocked to the side when he landed, causing him to exit the roadway,” he said.
O’Brien estimated the fire hydrant flew 100 feet down the road.
“We found paint marks on the street where it landed,” he said. “The embankment saved us. If it wasn’t there, that might have been it.”
Before he was arrested, O’Brien said Latini was picked up by someone in a gray sedan “and disappeared from the scene for a little while,” perhaps to notify a relative of the passenger about the accident.
Kirchgasser and O’Brien said Latini told a state trooper he was going 45 miles per hour before the accident.
“I couldn’t tell you the exact speed but he was flying,” O’Brien said.
In addition to the O’Brien’s close call, there were also kids playing soccer in the area where the accident occurred.
“We barely missed a catastrophe,” Kirchgasser said.
Rocky Run Fire Company, Brookhaven Rescue, Riddle Memorial Hospital and Media Fire Company paramedics assisted at the scene. Trooper Gregory Butler is investigating.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well plain stupid ****. Irrational behavior +alcohol + viper = disaster what else to say here. i am done:mad:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drinking and driving a Viper. :nono:

It is very fortunate that he didn't wipe out a bunch of bystanders, a school bus full of kids, or a family in their minivan on their way to grandma's birthday party.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it gets a little warm...... but not never warm enough to stop stupidity. Cold tires don't help either.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper has a way of testing Darwinian theory. The chimp was strong in that one.