Cruise & Meetup on Sunday, Jan 22?

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is supposed to be "unseasonably" warm on Sunday with a high of 67 degrees. Sounds like a perfect day to get out and have some fun! :drive:

Anyone want to go for a drive and have a meetup? Suggestions welcome...

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potential route:

You must be registered for see images attach

Link to Google Map route: http://g.co/maps/ct7gy

This would be meeting at Macgregor Village in Cary/Apex and going to ******* in Morrisville by RDU. A scenic drive that would be finished up with some scenic eating.

Travel distance: ~28 miles.
Travel time: ~40 mins.

When: ?... maybe we meet at MacGregor at ~1pm on Sunday? Leave by 1:15. We should arrive at ******* around 2:00pm. This would get us there an hour before the NFL fans show up for playoff game. I would also be down for staying a bit and watching the first half of the 3pm game there.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting route, goes all around my house! I'll check and see about making it. Also, I'll include a reference this thread in a message today to the club to stir up interest.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for getting this organized Chris. Saturday would work. Sunday is out.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^Noted. Thanks Craig.

We can decide either Saturday or Sunday based on potential attendance and weather... Hopefully by Friday ~noon we can lock down a decision.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the record, I don't think I can make it Saturday...only Sunday. My daughter has a competition on Saturday....just for the record so you know the potential attendance either day.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is looking like weather may be the main factor in picking the day & time. Depending on which weather site I check, some have rain Saturday, some have it Sunday, some have it both... Hopefully the forecasts put out this Friday will allow us to know for sure.

We can always postpone until the following weekend if necessary... Stay tuned for any updates

Please be sure to post or message me if you would like to attend so I can get a headcount

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things are looking "iffy" for both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is 50% chance of rain and Sunday is 30%.

Looks like we have an equal number of members available for each day... However, we may have to postpone until next weekend if mother nature does not cooperate. This might also help us with members who can only make one of the days this weekend.

Fingers crossed that we get some better forecasts in the next 24 hours.... Check back tomorrow (Friday) after lunchtime for further updates.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
POSTPONED until next weekend (Jan 28/29)

Looks like the weather will not hold out for this weekend. Please post up if you have a preference for a day next weekend...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave