Curious about this car........

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just scanned this picture out of one of my trade magazines. I was always pretty impressed watching Tony Darwin's blue screamer run. Can anyone tell us more details about this wheelie monster? Is it running a V-10..... and what else for running gear?? :2tu:

7Picture_001-med.jpg

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just e-mailed him last week, I had never seen the car until last week. Here is his reply:

Tony,
Thanks for your interest on my Viper. I race the car at the Edelbrock Pro Series Fasteststreetcar in the Pro Stock Class. No Hemi's are allowed & the only head we can use is an Indy 440-1 Head which is extremely poor compared to the B-1, Hemi or any Heads that the Chevy's & Ford guys can run. They don't seem too interested in Mopars. The motor makes 1002 HP @ 9200 RPM & we go thru the traps @ 9600-9700 RPM. The car weighs 3500 lbs & runs consistant 9.05 @ 151 MPH. I developed the engine last year after 15+ years of Mopar R & D. The suspension is a ladder bar, we can't run 4-links, and the chasis is stock, except the SFI approved roll cage & safety equipment. The car is certified to 7.50 ET. I built the car in house & it has a Dana & a Strange 9" alum center on a fabricated housing. With a 29.5 x 10.5"x15 tire I run 544 rear gears & a 7" converter with a 8200 RPM stall speed. The car is on the cover of the Fastest Streetcar Magazine's August issue. We had tremendous transmission failures but have it handled now.
Thanks Again,
Todd Goodwin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude