Currently Active Topics

rhansenjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the old board I used to always go first to the Currently Active Topics. At least that's what I think it was called. When you guys get all caught up and are wondering what to do to next, maybe you could see if it's possible to recreate that feature. Thanks in advance and hello to Don Boston.

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I beleive you are referring to the link near the top right of the list of forumns, when you clicked on that link it would display the 20 most recent posts across all forumn topics....that was exactly how I started each visit to the board as well. I hope it can return. thanks for the hard work you are doing!!

Reaction score
Funny you should bring this up. It has been on the list to do. I was on the phone with Ben Beckert one night and he put another bug in my ear...His problem was that the links, near the bottom of the main forum page, (that let you view posts for the last 24 hours, 48 hours and past 7 days) showed each and every POST. Meaning they were not listed by THREAD, and it was a PITA to navigate. With his help, I changed the format so it shows you the thread, and as far as I can tell it works just like the old "View Active Topics". If you haven't seen it, please give it a try. If you have....well...I'll welcome feedback on how to change/improve it if I can. Sound like a deal? :)

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had not noticed that link, upon reviewing it I have to agree that since it is showing not just the most recent post but all of the responses that have occured in the thread it is not useful as it is now.

The other feature that the old thread had that this one does not is a preview of the post...if you showed the first couple sentences of the post it gives the viewer a much better idea if they want to clink on the link to read the whole post, this is similar to the preview function offered in Outlook.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62