Damn it!!

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rode with JoeB in his CC at Thunderhill - thing is like a giant go-kart.
After that experience it sure was tough getting back into my GTS
Even tougher watching Joe and Brett (he bought Bontempi's car) out on the track

Was not a good idea going for that ride!!

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys...here's the GOOD news...you can buy yourself a CC. It's not like they are a million dollars. Buy one and bring it to Viper Days. If you are not yet ready to race in the VRL....spend a year in the Challenge Series doing timed events until you're confident enough to go wheel to wheel. It won't take long. The CC is such an awesome car that it's worth stretching for and owning one.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ is a perfect example of someone who practices what he preaches. As beautiful as any GTS, RT or Compe Coupe is, they are all fantastic when driven confidently on a road course. Russ has choosen to do this and so can you! As Russ says, the Compe Coupe is worth the stretch and Viperdays is a great place to learn. DC/PVO have come up with a great car at a great price - take advantage of it!

OP
OP
G

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh thank you guys, now I feel really BAD!!!!!!!
150 clams is 150 clams
You make it sound Soooooo easy

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the guys in Livonia say Russ has 2 CC's so perhaps he can share one. I'm not picky Russ, either the red or black one will do. :)

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gavin - The good news also is that you can get a whole lot more performance out of your GTS - I haven't ponied up for a CC yet either. You're on the right track by looking for help with allignment/ride height. Also, I get instruction every time I go to a track - there's always something else to learn! Good Luck.

OP
OP
G

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny - appreciate the encouragement - I run street tires in part for that reason - I have a lot to learn. I also get instruction from anyone that will ride in the car with me - I also found that instructing others really helps in particular with finding the right line and embedding it in this fading brain of mine.
Running Streets also keeps the cost and wear and tear on the equipment down - although the truth is - my extended warranty and a couple of very helpful dealerships have been invaluable in that regard (costs).

I have spent money on the car to improve durability - accusump, improved engine cooling - brake ducts etc.
Wheel alignment is next - will run the rest of this year and part of next with that one change and see if I can improve my driving performance.
What comes after that - who knows - maybe by then JoeB will want out of his CC real bad...............do I know how to dream or what?

Thanks again

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that the price of used Vipers has come down a bit recently (along with all other used cars). An alternative is to purchase a good clean used GTS and put a FEW dollars into it making it a track car. That way you can make all the mods you want to and not have to worry about driveability on the street. Another alternative is to buy a used GT-1 or GT-2 car. There are several (like Rob Foster's car from last year) that are for sale and ready to race. Everybody at Viper Days can get you hooked up on these cars. They are good solid cars that you can cut your teeth on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth