Dash Removal

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went and checked on my heater box repair today. I just started laughing, as basically the car is completely apart. Looks like a car in the city that was abadoned.The tech guaranteed me it was no problem puttung it back together. I just looked at him and said "it better not be a problem".Im not a happy camper right now and im learning a lesson i should of known long ago. Whats mint in one mans eyes, isn't in another.The dealership has had the car longer then ive owned it. And im pretty pissed at the guy who sold me the car. Im to easy going, and its costing thousands of dollars. I took this guys word the car was mechanically sound, it was not. So what i thought was a nice deal, is turning into a bendover and grab your ankles mistake. Sorry for the rant.:(

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No pics? What's wrong with the car ?
Why has the dash board been removed ... ?

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No pics? What's wrong with the car ?
Why has the dash board been removed ... ?

Heater door actuator broken. Couldnt get the door to work when switching over from heat to ac. And pictures would of made you and me sick.To get to the heater box looks like no fun. I was going to attempt this fix, it would of been a bear. The whole heater box is being replaced.Gaskets were worn and it looked pretty cashed.The dealer called me in to see the box, which i did. Oh well, **** happens. You can bet i will go over it with a fine tooth comb before i drive it off there lot.:)

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
surely stinks,

once it is all fixed the driving pleasure will push this back into your memory really fast.

also, these cars are pretty "modular", in the right hands, they go back together just fine

don't watch the sausage being made

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
surely stinks,

once it is all fixed the driving pleasure will push this back into your memory really fast.

also, these cars are pretty "modular", in the right hands, they go back together just fine

don't watch the sausage being made

You must be registered for see images

This made my day, i knew i had a smile in me today. This is it:)

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stinks Man. Hang in there, it will get better. Hopefully, it will soon be a distant memory, and you will be out cruising :drive:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just about any modern car needs the entire dashboard dropped to get to the heater core.Heater cores should be made of copper to last longer IMO . My 1996 Mustang's core started to leak last year and I just bypassed it.Sold the car a few weeks ago to my son's friend who didn't mind diving into it .I was p...s off when my 1972 Challenger blown both the heater and radiator just a few months past warranty :rolleyes:Least it was only a 20 minute job to replace.Hope the dealer fix yours properly .

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
surely stinks,

also, these cars are pretty "modular", in the right hands, they go back together just fine.

I've taken out a few dashes on fully built Vipers. And they do come out as one piece and go right back in. Care has to be taken no to damage the interior or any of the plastic parts around the windshield.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAMN!! Now I can't eat a hotdog at the ballpark without that picture in my head. :(