DC Performance Calibrations

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DC Performance has some great tuning specials going on for the Month of September. Here are the details:

SCT Programmers 1996-2006 $599
A programmer allows you to download your performance
tune and change back to your stock tune when desired.
When you buy a programmer from us you do not get
a generic tune, you get our custom calibration. We
taylor our tunes to the particular modifications of your
engine, fuel used and your dyno sheets (if available) .

JTEC Calibrations $450
You send us your controller and we program it to your
modifications.

Custom Tune $600
We tune your car on our load dynamometer and optimize
the timing and fuel curves for best power.

We have been in the calibration business for some time, while many others are new to this. When you purchase a calibration from us,
rest assured we have the knowledge to get the job done right.

DC Performance offers complete dynamometer testing and tuning for all two and 4 wheel drive vehicles. Our in ground 224X Dynojet chassis dynamometer and DYNAPACK load dynamometer allow us to test and tune most any car on the market with complete load control and accuracy. We are familiar with many engine management and tuning systems including: AEM, SCT tuning, ACCELL DFI, UNICHIP, SPLIT SECOND, MOTEC, DIABLOSPORT, HOLLEY EFI and more. We also specialize in computer programming for a variety of vehicles. Each test includes a power printout. We also have extensive data logging and diagnostic tools to help achieve proper tuning.

DC Performance has experience working with just about every combination of parts and tuning systems that may be on your vehicle, and has the reputation for helping people make their cars run right, when other shops have given up.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last car I had that was tuned by DC performance, performed like a dream and drove better then stock. highly recommend.

Paxton GTS making 645rwhp

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is you have other management devices like a split second or AEM? Then how difficult is it.

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A programmer is simple to use. You plug it into your diagnostic port under the dash and follow the instructions to download your new calibration. The hand held programmer can be used to read codes and reinstall your stock calibration as well.

The other engine management devices are for those who need extra tuning capability and data-logging. These systems are for those people who need some end user adjustability.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how tough is it to install an SCT on a gen 2 ?

It's so simple even YOU can do it Plum. :D There's no hardware to install, no wires to splice, nada. Just plug in the hand-held into your OBDII port (much like you would do when reading codes) and upload a tune. Done.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silly question, my stock JTEC has "suppositly" been reprogrammed. How will this event changes made by the SCT? Will the SCT override any fuel/timing changes in the JTEC or.........?

Sneaky C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

This is something I am seriously considering doing in the near future.

What gains do you typically see with a custom tune?

Do you see better gains with the JTEC or SCT tune?

My car is a 96 GTS with smooth tubes, K&N and a full Bellanger exhaust producing 442.61hp and 484.02tq on the stock tune.

Thanks in advance.

Chad

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The power gains we get with our tunes depend on the year model and modifications done to the engine. Typical gains on a stock engine are usually around 25hp, other benefits are smoother engine operation, better snap throttle response and cooler engine temps.

Bigger gains can be had on modified engines.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in for the SCT programmer, Dan. Been looking at it for a while & should just pull the trigger. I have simple mods, like corsa track, K&N's, putting out decent power with a 126mph trap though. Do you think I can get it, in Maryland, in time for me to install for a track rental this coming weekend?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, you guys just reprogrammed my 06 PCM based on my mods and dyno sheet. Paxton, Corsa, High Flow cats, 170 thermostat. What will the SCT do for me? If I take the car to a local dyno and don't like something like A/F will the SCT allow me to change it? If so how hard is that to do (not the actual upload of the new program, I know that's easy)? How do you write a new program? Do I simply call you and say hey the A/F is such and such between this and that RPM and you send me a new program?

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, what can you do for the GenIV's?

I already have the Mopar computer. Would I need to send it to you for reprogramming, or is a handheld programmer being developed?

Thanks

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

This is something I am seriously considering doing in the near future.

What gains do you typically see with a custom tune?

Do you see better gains with the JTEC or SCT tune?

My car is a 96 GTS with smooth tubes, K&N and a full Bellanger exhaust producing 442.61hp and 484.02tq on the stock tune.

Thanks in advance.

Chad

I just ordered one (SCT) for Slater bud (so I can clear that CEL light and get her tuned up a little). We can put it in along with a thermostat (Dan suggested I get a 170 thermostat also, so I did) and you can take her for a spin and we can see what the difference is.. :)

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered my SCT & 170 yesterday from DC. Another mod I can't wait to get.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 'Dyno adjusted" SCT from DC that I just installed in my 06 coupe.
(stock engine, headers, no cats. K'N, shifter, Quaiffe... basically bolt ons)

*I also have another SCT programmer for the same car with the Roe tunes in it. Can't wait to compare dyno runs on the same car. I'll be sure to post them....

The SCT really "cleans up" a lot of midrange power. The car is a lot smoother and a definite increase in the midrange acceleration. Driveability is a lot better also.

My observation after using the SCT programmer for over a year....

*Don't be discouraged if you don't get a huge increase in H.P. on the dyno. You will get some, but that's not the whole story.

The SCT programmer is one of those mods that you feel in the "seat of your pants". Kinda' like a gear change. A dyno doesn't measure mid range acceleration, idling in traffic, etc..

It's one of the most effective mods, well under a grand$, that I've done...FWIW IMO

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If your computer has been reprogrammed, then the SCT will save the current program and download thre new one. If you want to change back, you can.