dealer has a lemon GTS for sale for top dollar? ***

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lemon cars dont exist- its just dumb mechanics that cant fix em

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is virtually impossible to have a car found to be a lemon. There are so many hoops to jump through... Man, this thing must have had something terribly wrong.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised its a Tomball car. The mileage is nothing, but for the dirty carfax report (title issue--prob the lemon buyback and accident found), I'm surprised they even took it in on trade. Also saw a couple typos in the ad which surprises me for Tomball.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's it worth :dunno: Car was driven 38k miles since it was taken back and over 5 years since the accident. Any PITA customer can get a refund on a lemon law if they take the car back 3 times for the same thing.

Last edited:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh no. Surprised so many have answered but did not take the other side.

Tomball is one of the top dealers. If anyone in the south can sort out a car, it is them. Why is it a joke?

Unless you know the current state of the car and the story behind it, I would suggest that you not spout off. Especially for a dealer that literally ships cars over to Europe to get the Ring record. Hard to find a better dealer.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! That much? I just misssed an 05 vert with high mi and branded title, sold for $30k. I know, I know, its not a GTS ACR.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jokes on you. I bet Bernie knows exactly whats what with that car. Tomball and the other vendors on this site live and breath Vipers, while you have been on here for less then a year. Might want to keep that in mind.

I beg to differ, and don't think you should judge someone's knowledge on "how long someone has been in the VCA"

Even if the car was strait and true the asking price is high. I don't think anyone will argue that one. If it was a clean, strait, no BS 02 GTS ACR with 4 owners I'd say 42K is a fair price no doubt.

You can live, breath and even sweat Vipers but that doesn't fix the past. Obvisouly Tomball has a reputation, we all know that but enough to justify that price? IDK. If they sell it for that congrats to them. IMO price will have to drop quite a bit.

-Tim

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Tomball knows their stuff, and the car is probably 100% perfect and sorted as it sits, but that doesn't change the "value" of it. If that's the going price for that car with no issues, then it's still too high. "Lemon" on the title history = perceived lost "value". Wreck in it's history = perceived lost "value". 4 owners = perceived lost "value". "High" miles = perceived lost "value".

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO the millage is the only thing helping the car at this point. I guess it would be safe to assume the car has been driving quite a bit and is in fair standing.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ad has a Best Offer option. This is not a jab at Tomball... more of a general thought... but what does "Best Offer" mean these days ? It used to be to a classified ad what "No Reserve" is to an auction but that seems to have changed.

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's it worth :dunno: Car was driven 38k miles since it was taken back and over 5 years since the accident. Any PITA customer can get a refund on a lemon law if they take the car back 3 times for the same thing.

That's the truth. My parents bought an 07 Ram 2500 CTD that was a buyback because the previous owner had the turbo replaced 3 times under warranty stating that the truck didn't make enough power and got poor mileage. Dealer even installed a boost gauge in it to show that it was making proper boost, etc... but because he was enough of a squeaky wheel, they bought it back. My parents got an awesome deal on the truck and have had no issues with it at all, and my mother hauls a 40ft horse trailer with sleeping quarters frequently.

:usa: Nick :usa:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And, I bet they tell a potential buyer that the 10-11 years old tires are perfect too. I had that same discussion with them on another car and they do not acknowledge that OLD tires stink on a Viper.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's probably a good car but it's a $29k car with that history and the miles. It's a good "buy low/ sell low" car or a long term keeper because the history will be less significant as GTS's become more rare.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the truth. My parents bought an 07 Ram 2500 CTD that was a buyback because the previous owner had the turbo replaced 3 times under warranty stating that the truck didn't make enough power and got poor mileage. Dealer even installed a boost gauge in it to show that it was making proper boost, etc... but because he was enough of a squeaky wheel, they bought it back. My parents got an awesome deal on the truck and have had no issues with it at all, and my mother hauls a 40ft horse trailer with sleeping quarters frequently.

:usa: Nick :usa:

Things have really changed. Back in 1986 I bought a Laser and had it back a dozen times for the same issue. All I got from Chrylser was the run-around, etc. etc. Lemon law did not help me without a thousand hoops to jump through. I sold the car and for the first time in 25 years bought a new Chrylser product this past year. They lost a lot of sales because of the way I was treated. Must be different now--a lot easier...

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, back to the issue. The dealership knows what that car is worth and I bet they don't have $30K in it--probably more like $25K.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When someone buys that car and then they go to sell sometime in the future, that title will not help them at all. The price is very optimistic.

Four owners, funky title. Maybe the car's ok, but it isn't the only ACR out there.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An asking price is just an asking price, feel free to negotiate.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a clean car. They missed a little info on it in the add. Has a Full Balenger exhaust. KW shocks. Did have a OS Giken diff with 3.33 gears at one point not sure if it still does. I would not be scared of this car at all if you want a driver you can enjoy.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Low to mid 30's for a good driver (assuming its sorted properly now) would be OK. The title will haunt it and preclude any top-dollar valuation, but if its sorted, its probably a good car.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a clean car. They missed a little info on it in the add. Has a Full Balenger exhaust. KW shocks. Did have a OS Giken diff with 3.33 gears at one point not sure if it still does. I would not be scared of this car at all if you want a driver you can enjoy.

Are you a used car salesman???

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
georgethedog asked: "Are you a used car salesman???" As I don't know if you are kidding or not, I'll only say that Tom Sessions is a well respected, highly experienced Viper Tech who has worked on hundreds of Vipers...from drivers to race cars. He was the Official Viper Days Tech Inspector for 5or 6 years, and this past year maintained and travelled with an ACR-X team. Tom is also kind enough to travel to an Indianapolis Dodge dealer twice a year, at which time he performs ALL types of service, repairs, upgrades, recalls, etc. on many, many Vipers. I hope this helps.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
georgethedog asked: "Are you a used car salesman???" As I don't know if you are kidding or not, I'll only say that Tom Sessions is a well respected, highly experienced Viper Tech who has worked on hundreds of Vipers...from drivers to race cars. He was the Official Viper Days Tech Inspector for 5or 6 years, and this past year maintained and travelled with an ACR-X team. Tom is also kind enough to travel to an Indianapolis Dodge dealer twice a year, at which time he performs ALL types of service, repairs, upgrades, recalls, etc. on many, many Vipers. I hope this helps.

(Official Viper Days Tech Inspector for 5or 6 years,)

8 to 10 years. :)

Good track car for 35K. IMO

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you a used car salesman???

Not a used car salesman. I just know the car from the last owner and did quite a bit of work on it for him.
Is the car a lemon Not at all. Dont know why the car was a buy back nothing in the service history reflects that the car has history.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang