Detailing Engine

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JUNKMAN

Do you have any recommendations on how to remove the white spots on the alternator?

I will be ordering some of the In & Out spray tonight. How long will one can last?

You would have to polish the alternator to get rid of those spots. That's a Saturday in the garage with the alternator off the car and a Dremel tool if you want to do it right and have it turn out excellent looking.

One can of In & Out Spray will last quite a while. You LIGHTLY mist the engine and wait for the spray to settle, then come back with a clean cloth and gently wipe down the engine. A little application goes a LONG way. Don't spray too much of this stuff or you will start to make stuff shine and make your engine look like it came from a used car lot.

Seeing as it is great paint remover, I won't even spray it in the same room as where the car is. But to each his/her own.

I don't know what's in brake cleaner but paint is something that I do know and the guys here will attest to that. With that said, I have never had an issue using brake cleaner around any of my car's paint. I've even saturated brake parts in the same garage where my car is parked with no issues. As close as I inspect paint, I would see an issue if one arose.

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For anyone who likes to play with Brake Cleaner, do yourself a favor and make sure you wear safety glasses.

Just my 0.02 ;)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who in this thread suggested putting brake cleaner on paint? :dunno:

There is paint under the hood. It was brought up as a cleaning agent for under hood use if I recall correctly here. Plus, just like a man aiming for the middle of the toilet invariably hits the rim and makes a mess sometimes, can you guarantee when using an aerosol product on mechanical parts around your car that no overspray, splatters or vapors will get on the paint?

I choose not to use those products around my car. Like I said, you may choose or recommend to others at your leisure. Simply giving an opinion that you apparently oppose.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is paint under the hood. It was brought up as a cleaning agent for under hood use if I recall correctly here. Plus, just like a man aiming for the middle of the toilet invariably hits the rim and makes a mess sometimes, can you guarantee when using an aerosol product on mechanical parts around your car that no overspray, splatters or vapors will get on the paint?

I choose not to use those products around my car. Like I said, you may choose or recommend to others at your leisure. Simply giving an opinion that you apparently oppose.

Go back and reread my suggestion. Not only did I specify exactly what to use it on, I specifically stated to use it on a toothbrush and to then use the toothbrush to clean the stubborn spots. Never did I ever suggest spraying the cleaner directly on a surface, as a matter of fact I stated to NOT do that.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go back and reread my suggestion. Not only did I specify exactly what to use it on, I specifically stated to use it on a toothbrush and to then use the toothbrush to clean the stubborn spots. Never did I ever suggest spraying the cleaner directly on a surface, as a matter of fact I stated to NOT do that.

Well I DIDN'T go back and read exactly what you posted, but I DO know that somebody will just grab the can thinking it was ok and start hosing things down. My suggestion to never use products like that around your car covers that person.

Ever had toothpaste splatters on your bathroom mirror? Not sure I like the toothbrush idea either, but once again, just my opinion.

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
P21S Total Auto Wash and a horse hair brush. I use this on my car and have used it on some clients as well. Works awesome.

OP
OP
M

Mike 123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am now a huge fan of the Adam's In & Out Spray.

The one thing is you need to be careful on where you spray it. My garage floor got a little slippery.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually prefer CD2 to clean and dress up my engine bay.

I use to use that stuff too but it was so greasy. Even if you tried to spray it on lightly, it made your engine look like it just came off of a used car lot. You should try a can of In & Out Spray. It won't cost you a dime if you don't like it because Adam will give you 110% of your money back. No one has ever sent a can back!

I am now a huge fan of the Adam's In & Out Spray.

The one thing is you need to be careful on where you spray it. My garage floor got a little slippery.

:rolaugh:

You know the deal. :2tu:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inand out spray is good, but I have a question for you. Evidently Adams had it before but it was removed because of some fed regulation? They suggested mixing the VRT half and half with water and using that. Then the In/out spray came back and the VRT suggestion is now no where to be found on the site. I have the in/out spray and it works great. I also did the half and half VRT and it also worked great. So the question is, Why should I buy the in/out spray when I can just use the VRT?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just use a rag. There is excess water under the hood from my final rinse. I push the water down with the towel and use that to wipe down all the surfaces (as needed).

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....mixing the VRT half and half with water and using that.....

good tip, thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use to use that stuff too but it was so greasy. Even if you tried to spray it on lightly, it made your engine look like it just came off of a used car lot. You should try a can of In & Out Spray. It won't cost you a dime if you don't like it because Adam will give you 110% of your money back. No one has ever sent a can back!

:rolaugh:

You know the deal. :2tu:
Never had a problem with it being greasy. In fact, it is so good that you can hardly find it in stock anywhere. I have detailed my engine bay and never had it leave a greasy film behind.

Here is a link of how it looks. The link includes a before and after photo of someone's engine.

CD-2 Engine Detailer - Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-de...524-old-school-cd2-engine-detailer-rocks.html

and last but not least

Engine cleaning with Hondabrite by S100 - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Last edited:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after cleaning the engine bay, blow dry, then i use tire foam, let sit a few, blow gun dry, wipe down with rag while drinking beer, stare at it, wipe somemore, drink, stare, wipe somemore,drink------------------------------- untill your silly:lmao:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never had a problem with it being greasy. In fact, it is so good that you can hardly find it in stock anywhere. I have detailed my engine bay and never had it leave a greasy film behind.

Here is a link of how it looks. The link includes a before and after photo of someone's engine.

CD-2 Engine Detailer - Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-de...524-old-school-cd2-engine-detailer-rocks.html

and last but not least

Engine cleaning with Hondabrite by S100 - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

I've got an old rusty can of it if you want it. It's all yours. I use to use it to dress squeaky belts but I use something else now. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62