DFW Area - any activity?

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, Guys! I'm new to the Viper clan and was wondering what kind of activity is going on in the DFW area? Is this the right place to be looking or is there another site for our area?:confused:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's called the South Central Texas group... I drive to the Austin area all the time for their events.

OR, if you prefer driving across Dallas to Plano, then go have BBQ with them at their monthly meeting! That's about all they do!

I also meet up with some of them at Cresson when they are gathering there, but those are not really club events. Just some of the guys.

The Austin group has monthly events, most of them starting from North Austin or closer. Easy 2 hour drive and a great area. Last week we did a charity event for some underprivileged school kids. About 30 cars, and lots of happy kids.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Dave. I'll check into the South Central group. Can you give me some more details on the Friday thing? I was going to go down to MSRC this week any way to talk to Joe at Performance Speed Tech.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The South Central group is a great bunch of people. I look forward to this years Viper Roundup with them again. There are about 10 Dallas area Viper owners that aren't on the VCA, but we tend to go out for adult beverages and local car meets as well. Not sure it would be worth a drive from Burleson though :(

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, all I've ever seen for the D/FW area is the Pappas Brothers monthly meetings as well. I was hoping for a bit more activity, autocross, track days (TMS,MSR or Eagles Canyon), etc. If anyone knows of something keep me posted as well.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When is this years Viper Round-up anyway?

It's usually in April, and I wouldn't expect any different for 2010. Last year, me and a fellow Viper owner were pulled over by the exact same officer, with the exact same "dick" attitude, 1 hour apart, on the way there. I'm borrowing a radar detector for the ride down this year. :2tu:

OP
OP
B

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT?? You don't have a radar detector in a car that idles at 80 on the highway??:omg::nono:

For what it's worth, the ****** 8500 X50 fits beautifully on the dash with the stock suction cups sticking to the windshield to keep it from sliding around (most of the time :D). None of that 'disrupting the line of vision' nonsense either. Sounds like we need to get some testosterone flowing around the DFW area and get our Vipers out 'en mass' once in a while.:drive:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, all I've ever seen for the D/FW area is the Pappas Brothers monthly meetings as well. I was hoping for a bit more activity, autocross, track days (TMS,MSR or Eagles Canyon), etc. If anyone knows of something keep me posted as well.

There's plenty of activity if you want to drive to Dallas. Or north Dallas LOL. Over here Fort Worth side there is as you are aware of MSR, as well as car chows etc that are great for mingling with other car people and making friends and connections. After 3 years of attending a few shows a year I am known a little around the show circuits and that is cool by me.

As far as the OP is concerned, going out cruising with one other car is ten times the fun, and with Burleson not that big of a place, I am your neighbor...

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT?? You don't have a radar detector in a car that idles at 80 on the highway??:omg::nono:

For what it's worth, the ****** 8500 X50 fits beautifully on the dash with the stock suction cups sticking to the windshield to keep it from sliding around (most of the time :D). None of that 'disrupting the line of vision' nonsense either. Sounds like we need to get some testosterone flowing around the DFW area and get our Vipers out 'en mass' once in a while.:drive:

Never owned a radar detector, and I never got a ticket in the Viper before that instance on the way to the Viper Round-Up. I do well over 80 almost everyday, it's just a matter of where you choose to play around. I knew I shouldn't have been speeding the day I got the ticket, I was just trying to pass some @$$hole that wouldn't let me over to the right lane so I could get out of the passing lane.