Dialing out understeer, with air pressure.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '08 understeers quite a bit more than my '05 did, and it drives me crazy.

I want to keep the car as stock as possible and thought maybe air pressure adjustments might be the way to go. Any suggestions on how to dial it out would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Alignment settings and maybe a little air pressure. I would check and see what the alignment really is and then re ask what can be done.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My '08 understeers quite a bit more than my '05 did, and it drives me crazy. I want to keep the car as stock as possible and thought maybe air pressure adjustments might be the way to go. Any suggestions on how to dial it out would be greatly appreciated.

The answer matters where and when and then why/how understeer is bothering you.
What Mark says..... the 05 on Runcraps? vs the 08 on PS2? Sumthins amiss alignment-wise... RunCraps vs good PS2s should the the other way around!

OE Alignment = flat-footed-tires when driving STRAIGHT. Performance alignment = flat-footed tires when CORNERING. I gladly sacrifice some inside-shoulder tire wear for crisp, grippy steering in corners at any speed.

PRESSURES: At the track, or autocross/street? Tire Temps on track are 35-50% hotter than street/hiway/X, so the answer matters where and when understeer is bothering you. 120 mph sweepers? 35 mph X-ing?

ie AERO on the rear-only can cause understeer.........Got a spoiler-wing?

And then there are sway-bar issues.........and I have to ask becasue it ws mentioned here before: The outer tire sidewalls do say OUTSIDE, right?

Last edited:

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
experienced frustrating understeer on silverstone track (not autocross) last week, when trying to power out of slower corners, with tyres hot (low 40degC /110F?).
295 Toyo R888s front, 335 Kumho V70s back...
Inside edge of fronts were noticeably hotter after each run: camber too negative (despite alignment set to stock all round)? Would like a neutral result - can anyone offer a tweak to get this please?

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps. viper is lowered on eibachs and 0.5 - 1" track increase all round ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave