Did Anyone Make a 1:43 Red '96'97 RT/10?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm a bit obsessive, but wondered if anyone made a later '90's RT/10 in red, without sidepipes. All I see are the Generation 1 cars.:dunno:

Thanks.

Peter

1998 RT/10, Viper Red :evilmad: (5k miles) "Tatorized"

:usa:FIREFIGHTERS SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY:usa:

SUPPORT TATORS DODGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think there were only Gen 1's made....

anyway, by these manufacturers.
- Minichamps
- Eagle's Race
- Universal Hobbies

Thought about building one from a GTS and a RT/10 but the chassis is not changable above the sidepipes only base plate with wheels and axles is.
Same goes for the hood with the naca-duct,
You would need a Dremel to get all parts seperated, then rebuild/weld the GTS parts onto the RT, paint re-assemble and you're ready.

Sounds doable ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm,maybe I'll lighten up on my obsessive nature and just pick up another Gen 1....so who makes the one with the best detail. I used to have a 911, so I had two Hot Wheels 911 Turbos with incredible detail for a 1:43 scale...trying to get similar in Viper now that I own one.

Thanks for the reply.:headbang:

Peter

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you are looking for a roadcar the best are made by Minichamps. BUT..... the Eagle´s Race or Universal Hobbies (same firm) are allmost just as good, but a lot cheaper!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..... the Eagle´s Race or Universal Hobbies (same firm) are allmost just as good, but a lot cheaper!

I beg to differ, especially in the wheels department. Back tires are WAY too fat, brake calipers spin along with the rotors and the tail lights are not looking like mother's finest either.
If you want detail, Minichamps is where it's at. If you want something very cool try to find the special edition 1:43 box with a red gen 1 RT/10 and a red GTS, if you want to see pictures look it up in my gallery.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thoughts on the promo models by Ertl? Can't figure out what size they are either.

Have seen a number of gen 1 RT's by HWs, but they are not detailed well nor do they have the right wheels. I have to say that my 2 HWs 911's were exact, down to the vents in the turbo wing...somebody at HWs likes Porsches!:nono:

Thanks.

Peter

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, ViperArry, where is your website so I can see the Minichamps gen 1 RT/10's?

Thanks.

Peter

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In terms of exterior the ERTL promos look quite nice, but the interior looks like an underdeveloped afterthought :( I believe they are either 1:24 or 1:25.. by HWs I take it you mean HotWheels? As far as I know they only made them in 1:64 with your average toy car look.
In 1:20 there is a VERY good looking gen 1 RT that was once made by Creative Masters, a subdivision of Revell if I recall correctly. Dash looks stunning, there's actual mesh in the hood grilles and a window sticker to boot.

Thoughts on the promo models by Ertl? Can't figure out what size they are either.

Have seen a number of gen 1 RT's by HWs, but they are not detailed well nor do they have the right wheels. I have to say that my 2 HWs 911's were exact, down to the vents in the turbo wing...somebody at HWs likes Porsches!:nono:

Thanks.

Peter

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I finally saw one of the Minichamps 1:43 RT/10s you were describing, but it was blue and was in the UK. Nice details for a small diecast.

Also, on your 1:20 Gen 1, how much would you be looking for? I just picked up a 1:18 Burago Gen 1 Red.

Silly, before I actually owned a Viper, I had been collecting the 1:18's....finally sold them all when I moved:( Now, I have a real Gen II and just wanted to find a red gen II diecast.... but I'll just have to be satisfied with a gen I.

Thanks.

Peter

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson