Did you buy brand new for your first Viper?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK..........

Butch!!!:omg:
:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh: :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:
:eater::eater:
Bobby

I am a feminine 'car fanatic' :drive:...just hate shopping...ugh...:crazy2:...! ~jules
(Love MY fella...MIKE :kiss:...pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft to YOU, BOBBY!)
Are you HIJACKING/LOJACKING .............. AGAIN???? We will have to deport you! :D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guilty??:hijack::D Me so sorry.;)

Sorry to bust your plan, but just thought you would like to know you cannot deport me. My village got a new idiot and they don't want me back.:D:D

Bobby

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guilty??:hijack::D Me so sorry.;)
Sorry to bust your plan, but just thought you would like to know you cannot deport me. My village got a new idiot and they don't want me back.:D:D
Bobby

Busted...:mad:...DRAT! I think we can have you hang around a bit~! NO more hijacking after this post, okay? :nono: ME TOO! :cool: :2tu: ~jules

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my 06' Coupe brand new. It had all the options and colors I really wanted. Dealership sold it to me in Nov. 06' at already depreciated, off the lot price, though it came out of the showroom with 17 miles on it.

New was all there was for what I was looking for at the time and everyone, me too, thought that was it for the Viper as no 07's. Hope to buy another Viper in the future but as I am looking for an 02' Graphite RT/10 as the car, it will be used.

OP
OP
D

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks again for input. no wife so no worries about suitcases and I can fit 2 pairs of jeans a couple of t-shirts and a pair of shoes in very small spaces for a trip. I was Amry for 17 years I know how to travel light. LOL.

Juli, I sure hope to meet you someday. I have a sister in North Carolina, WHEN I get my Viper I have to make a run to the east coast.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks again for input. no wife so no worries about suitcases and I can fit 2 pairs of jeans a couple of t-shirts and a pair of shoes in very small spaces for a trip. I was Amry for 17 years I know how to travel light. LOL.
Juli, I sure hope to meet you someday. I have a sister in North Carolina, WHEN I get my Viper I have to make a run to the east coast.

How nice!!! :2tu: It'd be awesome to meet you as well, thank you! If you EVER get up to the East Coast, there are SO many great people you meet. :2tu: WHEN you get your Viper...that's right, not IF~! ~juli

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my 94 new and bought my 08 new. there is just something about being the first to own a car that makes me more attached to it.

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my 06 new,but there are so many deals and well cared for used vipers that I would go that route. I see a gen 4 in my future at some point and I would not hesitate on a low mileage well cared for unit that had the color and options I want. If I could afford two vipers, I would love a modded gen 2 gts. Ok, theres my Christmas wish list.....

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would agree with that... If I hadn't gotten the 08 my next Viper was going to be a moded Gen 2 By far my favorite on the track

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my '04 new in '05.

I was willing to pay the $10,000 premium to be the first owner. I have no regrets as I had been keeping my old Corvettes like new with a lot of time, money, and blood and having never bought a new convertible or sports car wanted a trouble free ride for a change.

I still have the Corvettes, but the SRT-10 is the first full convertible that is clearly a step above a high performance (modified) '69 Corvette - at least in the way I view cars.

GM STILL does not offer anything in a truly hot convertible.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And they put the Camaro Conv. on hold as well.

'Course the 08 Camaro never did come out because they put that one off.

Going to be an 2010 now? mabye?

Ted

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My viper (Blue/silver), was bought new in 06 from Bill P. because there were no 07's. Most incredible car as Mark loaded it up with comp coupe pan, Paxton, Race logic, Motons, flywheel, shortened shifter, Corsa, sills, tinted...on and on....the full deal. I so enjoy it ...I just stare at it when it is in the garage and just say to myself how fortunate I am to have such an incredible piece of automobile history and what a marvel these cars really are.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't bought a new car yet. There was plenty of warranty left on the 2000 RT/10 when I got it. However, if I was shopping for my 1st Viper today, the deals on brand new ones are very interesting especially if color is not important.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am currently on my seventh viper and all have been bought new. I suspect that my 08 ACR will be the last.

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought mine new in 07' always wanted a b/w coupe since I seen them in 97 even though I was little I said I would own one like that. I love it no other car in the world like the viper to me.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bought new and never drove one,just looking at the 03 and up,i knew i would like them,not downing the older gens,they are very cool looking and will never go out of style---none of them will,they are in their own league!:usa:

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought mine used. Warranty wasn't a factor for me as I bought in US(at a huge savings) and Chrysler won't honor the warranty once you bring it into Canada. 50 large vs 85 plus I got the color I wanted.:headbang:
I have means, but they're not unlimited, so the 35 grand savings was a no brainer for me, then again now that Gen4 is out.........:dunno:

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my gens. I, II and III in used, low miles condition. My '08 is my first and last New Viper. It's a great car, I'm 64+ years old, and I think this car will last until my demise. After that, my youngest daughter will inherit it. She's 29 years old and loves driving autocross and roadcourses-and can do it quite well, too. :)

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 1st Viper used in 1998. I bought a 1997 used GTS. Never had any problems with it other then air conditioner problems. I put almost 80,000 mi on it and when I sold it you would have thought it was brand new inside and out. Did not use a drop of oil between changing it every 5000 mi.

Since then I have had several more Vipers... 1997 GTS
1996 GTS
2006 SRT 10 coupe
2008 SRT 10 coupe
and now my newest 2009 ACR
Prior to getting into the world of Vipers I was a die hard Corvette man. I have owned 24 Corvettes since 1971. Most were 1967 and older. Lots of 427 Corvettes. I will NEVER step back down to a Corvette at this point, even though the ZO6 and ZR1 are the most AWESOME Corvettes ever built in my opinion....

When you get a VIPER you will understand and have the fever like the rest of us.:headbang:

Last edited:

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Bought my '99 RT/10 used with 9k miles in excellent condition. Used some of the money I would have blown on a new car for upgrades from DLM. No regrets, at all.

Gen I is a bit rough for my tastes, and I just can't get into the Gen III body style. Gen II, for me, is the best option because you get creature comforts (power windows, A/C, etc.) and the original Viper body, which is still a crowd-pleaser.

With current prices on Gen II cars, if I were you, I'd get a low mileage one, send it to one of the top tuners for a heads/headers/SC package, and you'll have a car that looks better than the Gen III and can blow the doors off a stock one, for less money.

I believe someone in the classifieds is selling a '98 GTS that is already supercharged for a song.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought my '99 RT/10 used with 9k miles in excellent condition. Used some of the money I would have blown on a new car for upgrades from DLM. No regrets, at all.

Gen I is a bit rough for my tastes, and I just can't get into the Gen III body style. Gen II, for me, is the best option because you get creature comforts (power windows, A/C, etc.) and the original Viper body, which is still a crowd-pleaser.

With current prices on Gen II cars, if I were you, I'd get a low mileage one, send it to one of the top tuners for a heads/headers/SC package, and you'll have a car that looks better than the Gen III and can blow the doors off a stock one, for less money.

I believe someone in the classifieds is selling a '98 GTS that is already supercharged for a song.

I also added Tire Pressure/Temp Monitor System, Garmin Nav, Blue-tooth stereo, PS2s, VR1s, Eibachs, Unitrax, HIDs and a few other Doodads to make sure I like mycar more than a new one.

Ted
Likewise.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my '05 new. Then bought my '08 new. I always like knowing that I'm the first guy to fart in my car.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my '05 new. Then bought my '08 new. I always like knowing that I'm the first guy to fart in my car.

Did you smell the seats? There are testers at the Viper plant, delivery drivers, truck drivers, salesmen and customers at the Dealership. Probably most of them fart as well Not me though, I'd never fart in a Viper!

Ted