Dinner Meeting October 4

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings Nor Cal Viper club members,

COME SEE VIPER RECLAIM THE KING OF THE RING TITLE
On September 14th, Team Viper went back to the famed Nurburgring track in Germany to reclaim the "King of the Ring" title and set a 7:12 lap time, beating the ZR-1's 7:19 time and the most recent champ, the Lexus LFA at 7:14. Having been there, I can tell you, it was not a slam dunk. Weather and available track time made it a challenge. At our October dinner meeting, I'll share the behind-the-scenes story of how it unfolded, and show some exclusive photos, and hopefully, the record-setting video!

SEE FRANKFURT AUTOSHOW HIGHLIGHTS
The Frankfurt autoshow is HUGE. Imagine something well over 4 times the size of the San Francisco show. I'll have some of the highlights from that show as well.

NEW LOCATION
Since our group size has gotten smaller, we have more flexibility in choosing restaurants, so we're going to try moving the dinner meeting around to different locations. For October, we're going to try a new restaurant called Mythos in San Carlos. It's off the Holly exit from 101. Mythos has great food, and we have a private area upstairs that will seat up to 40 people. There's a public parking lot behind the restaurant that is usually very empty, or you can park in front on the street if there's space. Price remains the same at $30/person including tax and tip.

Don't miss our final dinner meeting of the year. Good food, good friends, and see our favorite car take the King of the Ring title. Attached is the menu. You don't have to pre-select, just order the day of the event. But you must RSVP, as space is limited, so no walk-ins. Same price as usual, $30 per person. Please bring cash.

Please RSVP to Terri Angen at [email protected] by FRIDAY, Sept. 30th. First come, first served.

Hope to see you there!

EVENT: "Nurburgring" Dinner Meeting
DATE: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 7 PM
PLACE: Mythos in San Carlos (www.mythossancarlos.com) 1201 San Carlos Ave., San Carlos.
PARKING: On the street in front, or in the lot behind off Walnut Ave.
COST: $30/person including tax and tip
RSVP BY: Friday, Sept. 30th, 2011
RSVP TO: Terri Angen at [email protected]
MENU: See attached

OTHER CLUB NEWS

SNAKE EYES WILL BE LATE: Please note that the September issue of Snake Eyes will be mailed late, as Viper Magazine has requested that we hold our issue until they can release the national magazine with the Nurburgring story.

OCT 1 NAPA TOUR has been CANCELLED.

Maurice Liang
VCA Nor Cal President

Terri Angen
VCA Nor Cal Events Director

You must be registered for see images

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait for Tuesday night. I hear that we have a packed house. If you didn't sign up early for this one, you missed out! This will be the best Dinner Meeting Ever!!!

OP
OP
Glen97

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the weather doing in the bay area? What is it looking like for Tuesday afternoon evening?

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Glen, Supposedly, there will be light rains until about 3am. All will be well until about 7PM when the clouds roll in and between 9and 10PM the clouds will open up once again to spit all over your beautiful Black and Red Viper. That is, if you believe what multiple weather sites are saying. That would be a several hour drive home in the rain for you. Does that mean we get to hear the mean custom exhaust on your Neon??? I most likely will be bringing the Miata, unless of course the weather changes for the better. Maybe afterwards, we can hear who has the most obnoxious exhaust. :) Bring a USB stick and I can give you the video that you were asking about.

OP
OP
Glen97

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the information Ken. I think we will drive our Dodge truck. The last time we drove the Neon to an event Maurice wanted to launch it off an Aircraft Carrier. I'll bring a usb stick.

See you tomorrow!

Hey Glen, Supposedly, there will be light rains until about 3am. All will be well until about 7PM when the clouds roll in and between 9and 10PM the clouds will open up once again to spit all over your beautiful Black and Red Viper. That is, if you believe what multiple weather sites are saying. That would be a several hour drive home in the rain for you. Does that mean we get to hear the mean custom exhaust on your Neon??? I most likely will be bringing the Miata, unless of course the weather changes for the better. Maybe afterwards, we can hear who has the most obnoxious exhaust. :) Bring a USB stick and I can give you the video that you were asking about.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Meeting!!! Thanks Maurice for giving us the inside look of regaining the Ring Record! It took a lot of effort and perseverance of many talented people to make this happen. Simply Incredible!!!

OP
OP
Glen97

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The meeting was fun and getting the inside scoop of what the team had to go through at the Ring was very interesting. Nice job by all!

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very fun, and special thanks to everyone that drove their Viper ;-)

Great inside scoop from Maurice, and the ride-along video with Kuno was just ridiculous... Sport Cups on the damp track, and he was flyin'!

And as always, I enjoyed seeing people again and meeting even more of you. Thanks to Toddy for the oil, too!

Rich

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great meeting, loved all the extra inside information you gave us Maurice and the food was really, really good! Too bad the weather didn't co-operate. Thank-you Toddy for the prizes!!

Regards,
Aaron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra