Discount for NY/CT/NJ "Dream Car Trial/Sprint"

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a lot of folks have given this a try as a means to test drive a Ferrari or Lambo. For $99 it may make more sense to some. Thought I'd pass it along. I've got absolutely no connection to this group so this is not an advertisement or recommendation. I'd post it in the NY/CT Region, but I'm still considered an outlaw there. :D

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gsm-lo...0117&s=body&c=button&d=groupon_occasions_deal

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I copied this into the NY/CT forum Scott since he cannot access it as "Enthusiast". Thanks Scott for sharing this.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife heard me saying how I wanted to take some Performance driving lessons on a racetrack with Skip Barber or something similar now that I have my Viper, and got me a present for the holidays. Unfortunately she doesn't understand cars at all and didn't read the fine print and bought this exact thing for me for $99 a couple months ago thinking it was a racing school in a Ferrari or Lamborghini for an afternoon, and didn't realize it is good for only one or two laps around a short 1.3 mile road course, which equates to about less than 5 minutes behind the wheel of one of these cars. Pretty bad deal by my standards, but awesome for someone who has never driven an exotic car before or wants to see what one of them feels like before a potential purchase.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HV- two words for you "Skip Barber" other option is to come out to our NARRA event with other Vipers and enroll in the Novice group. You will have an instructor in the car with you that knows Vipers. Great way to get your feet wet.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx! Agreed. I definitely plan on enrolling in a weekend of high performance driving lessons so I can feel more confident driving the Viper. I know there used to be a couple racing schools that used Vipers, but not sure if they still exist? Does anyone know anything about that?

PS: Looks like I'll be moving to the NY/CN group in a year or two. My wife is from Chappaqua and her parents now live in Bedford. We are just beginning our search for a house up there now and are starting to get some ideas before we start looking at some homes on the market. Anyone have any good recommendations on what towns in Westchester or neighboring CN towns have good school systems and where you can get at least a couple acres of land with a good size house (5,000 sf or larger) for a fair price? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HB:

We live in New Fairfield, CT, which boarders on Brewster, NY. Nice quiet town, great for kids and very good school system. It's easy access to Westchester via Rte. 684 (work), has made it a big landing place for many IBM'rs, MasterCard, Pepsi and the like.

Bethel and Sherman are also nice areas up here (though not as easy to get to 684).

Good luck on your house hunt!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235