DLM Level III goes 144.1 but with NO help from DL!

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW Scott, nice run.
I have not seen many Vipers run that high MPH, and with stock pilots too. low 10s @ 150mph
bounce.gif
are not far (With a little more track time.) good luck.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott,

This is a joke right?? Are you really airing on this public forum that you and Doug have had a falling out???

Why would you do that?

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Martin D:
Scott,

This is a joke right?? Are you really airing on this public forum that you and Doug have had a falling out???

Why would you do that?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Scott,
Doug keeps in constant communication with me to make sure my car is running tops - And that's been for two and a half years now. I have the older Level III DLM built for me and never had ANY negative issues with Doug... ALWAYS excellent service!

Why are you trashing DLM in an open forum?

Chuck Bishku
PS. 10.71 @ 146 + on stock MXX3 Pilots

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like DLM to me. Especially by a guy that gives his customers his cell phone number to call for any questions.
I don't have a Level III but both cars Doug built for me are superior.
Max ....... Proud DLM customer!!!!!!!!!!

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott has every right to voice his opinion, good or bad. I think what others are saying is Doug would bend over backwards to straighten out any problems to make a customer happy. He has always been a great asset to the viper community.

On another note: Some of you may not know, Doug donates a lot of his time money to the animal shelters and vets helping stray animals find homes and lobbying for stricter laws against cruelty to animals. I have seen him offer rewards to capture criminals that have committed acts of cruelty against them. I just saw them air a recent interview (channel 7) with Doug about it. Just had to say that, because Doug won't.

Cheers,
R.R.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OUCH!

darn..

Sorry to hear of your problems...
With my last car, if a part (filter nut, belt) went kaput, I would just wake up in the morning and check front door at ups via DLM. I would even get calls during the week asking of everything was ok...

3rd time at the track and ran a 10.7x at 144 mph!!! holy crap!!
Don't forget, it surely wouldn't have been possible without that DLM car mainly! "you tweaked the N20 a bit and replaced a bad injector".... Is that it? heh wow... Nice to see you know how to burn bridges pal...

Also remember, the more $$ you sink into a car and the more HP you have (didn't you have over 1,000?) the more the car will have to be tweaked now and then. And parts DO go bad, spitting out that much nitrous and that much boost... One thing to consider....Didn't you win a 1st place at that Atlanta car show too? Sounded like an incredible car.

What's next? surely you'll try and top the power and reliability on your next viper! Keep us updated...!
Regards and good luck!

Gerald

Reaction score
Wow Scott,
I'm sorry if you were dissatisfied in any way. Next time please let me know. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you as my customer, I can't stress that enough. I may not entertain public ridicule but our customers are always right.

I did try to contact via phone and email but you haven't returned my call and blocked my email? Now I understand why.
I have no hard feelings you acquiring another tuner but it's better not to burn bridges behind you even if you feel you no longer have a need for our services. As always, If you ever have a problem in the future I am here to help.
You also have my cell number, please use it
smile.gif

Great run at the track....
Sincerely,
Doug Levin

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's one thing I can say about Doug is he is about Customer Service and just like his SC being over built for perfection, his customer service from what I've seen is no different.

Doug is a good person to have in your book of relationships.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott thats what I thought your car should have run the first time, great run and some heavy mph! And that mph just might be a record for radials.It sounds like Majestic Motors has a hell of a tuner.What a difference a month makes.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ScottP:
Now, I went a little overboard BUT I hope that you guys/gals see that I'm man enough to come out and admit it.

ScottP

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Scott, that's good news. Good to hear you have any kinks worked out.
You publicly vented, it may not have been the best way to vent, but your sincerity after the fact is the best way to let us all know otherwise.

Maxwell

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
It sounds like Majestic Motors has a hell of a tuner.What a difference a month makes.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey Jamie, where you been?

Correction: It's Doug Levin that's a hell of tuner...
Your one hell of an A--hole!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Max

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max,

You're 100% right about Scott P! All it takes is one wacker to try and mar Doug's name...actually it doesn't matter because after meetiing Doug once, I knew he was a genuine individual. I do not come across many talented people during the course of the day...let me tell you that DOug was one of the few that I was ASTOUNDED by...impressed would be an understatement! No only is he mild and genuine, but he has hands of gold. I am at a loss of words...

I cannot imagine anyone having any problem with the guy...as Scott admitted himself, he is a baby anyway...

What cracks me up is that now he has in his signature "supercharged by Levin and fine tuned by pudwacker" Anyone can fine tune a car. The brains behind the whole system is Doug.

If you were my customer I'd give you your money back, remove my supercharger and then tell you to get Majestic Morons to do the whole supercharger for you...have a nice day!

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know Max not only are you president of the a** kissers of the month club you are also a *****. In case you didn't read Scotts post Doug didn't tune his car *****, and I believe this post was directed to Scott's really good run, not your idol you chump.Why don't you show up at one of the shootouts with your car and I will too and I'll kick that rags a**. And the reason I haven't been on the board is because I have a life but you wouldn't know what that is, you have probably been too busy building a temple for Doug you chump.Also I think you need to contact the board they have your name wrong on the post's it says Max Moran and everyone of course knows its MAX *****.If you give me your address I will send you some chapstick because I know you have been putting long hours on your blow er.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank I just want to ask one question? If anyone can tune a car surely the guy that modifies it can right? So shouldn't your car be tuned when it leaves the dyno,I'm not trying to battle with you this is just a legitimate question I would like you to answer. If you ask most of the people that do hipo work they will tell you it is exactly the opposite.Its easy to bolt something on a car, the hard part is the tuning.And this isn't about Doug Levin this goes for anybody that does performance work period.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still going on huh? it's not the fact that we stick up for his reputation, it's the fact that you HATE it sooo much..

I SO, SO look forward in meeting you Furball... In person...
I"m sure Scott's car was tuned perfect! He was pushing over 1000hp and way over that in RWTQ. After an injector went bad and someone messed with the injectors, THEN it might have gotten messed up. Please tell the whole story...

Gerald

Gerald

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jamie furman,
Read Scott's Post. He apologized for going a bit overboard, and that was commendable of him. When a car leaves a tuners shop tuned properly, then later an injector goes bad, do we need to hear more of your on-going jealous comments?
Your continuation of SHEER JEALOUSY towards DLM's cars and customers has been obvious to all of us and your twisted posts support that.

Call it a**kissing if you will, but we are all in support Doug Levin's dedication to his performance building and customer's. He's one of the BEST in the business.

Most of all - You should be more concerned with one of YOUR tuners cars sitting in Doug Levin's shop.......... Should I continue???

Cheers,
R.R.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamie furman:
If anyone can tune a car surely the guy that modifies it can right? So shouldn't your car be tuned when it leaves the dyno,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I finally agree with you for once Jamie!

But isn't Mr. Mark Cooper's car the one that blew up and your tuners been tuning for the past year and a half?... (No disrespect Mr. Cooper) it's in the archives.

OR, is it the one that blew up and was sent to Doug's shop to rebuild?

No flame intended, but if your going to address issues, be ready to answer them in return.

Max "*****"

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max,

I do not owe allegiance to anyone, not my tuner not this board. I work from fact, and what I experience. What I state here is fact, and what I have experienced. If someone does a good job, I tell them and let others know. If someone does a bad job, I give them a chance to fix it, and then if they do a bad job again, I let them go, but I tell others to help save them the problems I had gone through. But the one thing I will not do is work from what I have heard, I need proof so I can make sure it not hear say, or read from the archives.

I am a Hennessey victim also, and that was my proof, I do not idolize tuners or owners, I think they have great skills, some better than other.

Fist of all, (no flame) my car did not blow up, I had a bad stock cast piston that lost some of the ring land, second of all, the blower has been on my Viper for less than a year.

My car has never seen another tuner, thrown a belt, burned oil, or leaked a drop of fluid, so you might want to recheck you facts.. And the archives say the same thing that I just wrote, I had a piston go bad, that is why my tuner had forged pistons made for it, and since then, not one problem other than the Ron Brown abortion of a computer her programmed!

As far as the other Viper that hit DLM that Heffner worked on, the real story will be told, and remember, there are two sides to a story. I know the circumstances around the other Viper, and the issues are not what they appear to be.

I am proud of my Heffner Super Charged Viper, stable and fast, "What more could you want"

Mark

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Gerald, Black and Max lets address this issue once and for all.First off I don't have a tuner or do I brag about one on this board I just state facts. I have a car that is supercharged by Jason Heffner who I think is very talented and makes a really good product, track proven if you get my drift.Jason is a good friend of mine but I do not worship him or intend to build any temples for him.If somebody thinks they make a better product than him so be it, I would just like to know how they came to that conclusion so I can make my own judgement.I don't defend Jason or his customers, I speak for myself unlike some people we know, although I don't think Jason needs to defend success.What I state on this board are proven facts not dreams like the dream land you live in, I personally am not impressed with your DLM cars or any I have ever read about or got emails about,and that is why your little faction of groupies attacks me, but I don't care, if you don't like the truth don't read it.All I know is you can have your viper supercharged in maryland for 12 grand run mid 10's on pump gas and drives like a stocker when not on the track, and if there is a better system out there I would like to know about it. I don't dispute that there is,I just haven't seen it. And Jealous Jealous of what? Maybe I am jealous
that when I can't drive my viper I have to drive my ferrari 360f1, or my aluminum 10 sec shelby 427sc or my 1967 L88, or L89
corvettes or if I am forced to I guess I can drive my 70 hemicuda or my 68 hemiroadrunner, after thinking about it I guess your right,I am jealous but not of any of you.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,
Thanx for addressing the issues. I really wish you well with your car. No insult was intended for you.
I was making a point for little jamie furman to understand, "When you clean toilets, you get the stink on your hands." If little jamie can dish out the bowl, he should be willing to accept the offerings.

And jamie -- You may not be impressed with DLM cars, but I'm not impressed with your intelligence! Jealousy and insecurity go together son.

Max "*****"
laugh.gif

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max you talk alot and I think you ought to come out and play with little jamie if you got the b***s or do you just got them on this web site.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one of the big problems with tuners is....

you have to have someone local to support your car if you can't DIY.

If you live 1000 miles from the guy who built your car and you have a problem with your car, you've got a geographical problem too.

It's bad enough with a good, honest, talented, tuner who has a fine product.

Anything less can be a nightmare.

My comments are in general and apply to no tuner in particular.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960