DLM Viper smokes 2 bikes an NOS c5 and a built SS on Juice

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FastFreddie:
We had the woodward dream cruise out here and many fine cars showed up etc... &lt;GET TO THE POINT&gt; after the cruise everone goes out to this private track. I pull up for some gas and this guy in the mustang wants me to race his buddy Francis in his built SS in juice. We line em up me, SS, a c5 with a 125 shot. Twice i smoke the crap out of both. We pull up he says hes got just bolt ons
supergrin.gif
yeah right "roll cage and the whole 9 yards" anyways his other buddy goes "hey francis were you sprayin him 2nd and third.
supergrin.gif
so he spills the beans hes running some good numbers with juice stall converter and a bunch of other things. His girl was in the car video taping the whole thing. So we might get to see the video here if he shows up. Results were:
Francis
supergrin.gif
smokes the juiced C5 by like 5 cars and FF infront of francis by like 6 cars. That vette was waaayyyy behind
supergrin.gif

On the back two bikes both 600s thought they were fast, clipped them both on 2nd gear by a good 3 car lengths.

P.S DOUG Francis hates you now
supergrin.gif

Oh how its sooooo nice to be blown
supergrin.gif

-------------
95 Blown RT
Suprcharged BY DLM
LEVEL 2+
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep them coming!!! BIKES CAN'T BEAT CARS!!!! You are lying!

Gerald

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ooooh man, it begins. Keep the stories coming!

FF -- after all that smack months ago on the Corvette Forum, I think this deserves a post or two. You could post the kill first, then post the dyno sheet when they all start calling BS
supergrin.gif

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the Woodward Dream Cruise all day yesterday and never caught a glimpse of the Fast Freddie Mobile. Saw tons of other cool cars though. The Saleen S7 was awesome. The new GT-40 was cool. I could not get enough of the Viper Competition Coupe. Lots of babes out too. You figure with an estimated 1.5 million people at this thing your chance of seeing a lot of babes would be good, and it was. I left the Viper at home as it is a real PITA to drive 1 MPH in a Viper down a bumper to bumper street. Too bad I didn't see the private track performance.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my kind of story. Post it on the vette forum...
BTW, what stage and what kind of numbers is your set up making?
Thanks...

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FastFreddie:
Oh god Ben i haven't been on the vette forum in ages i don't think i remember my password but i'll try. They gonna get some good stories trust me
supergrin.gif

Sean i were with a group at a private party at the audi/porsche dealer on woodward and 15. I did see the saleen s7 parked over there by like 20 new mustangs r's. I saw a like 3 vipers driving by. There was a newer maybe 2001 RT at the station where i pulled up for gas on gratiot and 12 mile.

Gerald cars cant beat bikes it was all a pipe dream
jester.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, I went near that dealership to check out some old De Tomaso Pantera's, but must have missed your Viper.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the kill
smile.gif
Why don't we have really fast Vipers like yours here in AZ to run against
frown.gif

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Supra:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Why don't we have really fast Vipers like yours here in AZ to run against
frown.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because most of the AZ Racers are track guys and are at
ASRA and NASA Viper Days and Silver State

It's always good for a laugh when 3 black Supras sit by the gate at one of these track events watching the Vipers. Then, at the end of the day as the Street Vipers leave the track the Supras follow them onto the freeway trying to bait them into a short street race on an hi-traffic road.

There is a member with a few Viper with go-fast goodies like super charger and nos.

And Sam T. has a GTS with nos, is at Firebird nearly every week. Has lost just 3 times in over 70 runs, but none were to a Supra.

So stop with the
frown.gif
and
crying.gif
and
baby[1].gif
and
crying.gif
and just sign up at one of the above events

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Marv, looks like I touched a nerve
smile.gif
Tell you what, I'm not into road racing, but I would like to race any of these "fast Vipers" with SC or NOS
smile.gif
Yes Firebird may work although they kicked me out for not having a roll cage and told me "We know your car don't come back until you get a cage", that was a while back so they may let me run or we can try speedworld as I have only been there a few times (have gotten kicked out of there as well).

Please have any of these people with fast Vipers email me at [email protected] if they feel like racing, we can do it just for fun. If they only want to race for $$$ (which I dislike) I will acommodate that as well.

BTW at the Pavillions there was a guy with a Yellow RT10 with NOS that told a friend of mine (didn't know he was a friend) that his car could easily beat any of the Supras there (my car and 2 other 800+ RWHP Supras were there) and that he had beat several of them on the street. This happened as a result of my friend asking him how fast the car was, to which the guy replied "the fastest car here" my friend then asked him if he thought it was "faster than the Supras parked there" and he said the above statement. Not sure if this is the same guy but one of my friends (one of the ones there) ran into the guy on the street and the guy wouldn't run (plenty of road and hardly any cars on the 101 Autobahn/freeway/closed race track.

There's also someone running a Viper GTS on NOS that told my friend Ian (owner of First Upholstery in Scottsdale) with his BPU Supra that he could stomp his car (this happenned at the Pavillions) Ian then asked him what he had and he told the Viper owner that he could most likely stomp his Supra. Ian then said he had a friend with a Supra that could take him out (me) with a plate that reads "VPERKLR", the guy said he had heard about my car and the black Supra with the plate "VIPRKLR" (this black Supra has 798 RWHP) and that he wanted to run me. Ian called me on the spot and I told him I would be there in 15 minutes, he told the guy that and when I showd up at the Pavillions in 15 minutes the guy was nowhere to be found.

BTW I guarantee you that your friend that has only lost 3 times hasn't run into Saad, Tozer or myself at Firebird, none of us have lost to a Viper at the track, or on the street for that matter in our Supras
smile.gif

Seriously have any of these guys email me, it would be fun for all and take a chill pill, life is too short to get all bent out shape over this
smile.gif

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guilly - haven't lost your taste for smack, I see
supergrin.gif
We actually have a "VIPRKLR" around here as well (Steve's BPU+ 445 RWHP car), and it didn't work out too well for him last time we were at the track, though the races were all very close (e.g. 11.97 vs 12.03)

Seriously though, everyone knows a 600-800 RWHP Supra is going to walk all over a 500-600 RWHP Viper from a roll. Whether they can get launched and get traction is of course a more interesting question, and one of the reasons I try to keep it confined to the racetrack. I for one would definitely like to see a DLM Viper vs. PHR Supra competition, both racing on pump gas of course. You guys ever make it to the SF Bay Area?

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are planning a trip out there
smile.gif
I want a ride in your DLM car plus we want to run at Sears point, sea level and faster than AZ. PHR builds fast cars, but so do other shops.

I'll be happy to get some Supras together (mine included) to run some fast Vipers from a roll or from a dead dig (not like my car hasn't run a good ET
smile.gif

BTW this wasn't just "smack" talking, I hadn't heard of ANY fast Vipers here except a couple of low 11 second NOS'ed ones.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by treynor:
Hey Guilly - haven't lost your taste for smack, I see
supergrin.gif
We actually have a "VIPRKLR" around here as well (Steve's BPU+ 445 RWHP car), and it didn't work out too well for him last time we were at the track, though the races were all very close (e.g. 11.97 vs 12.03)

Seriously though, everyone knows a 600-800 RWHP Supra is going to walk all over a 500-600 RWHP Viper from a roll. Whether they can get launched and get traction is of course a more interesting question, and one of the reasons I try to keep it confined to the racetrack. I for one would definitely like to see a DLM Viper vs. PHR Supra competition, both racing on pump gas of course. You guys ever make it to the SF Bay Area?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guilly,
You're on for the DLM ride! The Sears race will have to be through their 1/8th mile, since with the new NHRA rules &gt;135 MPH == roll cage & parachute required, and even if my car makes "only" 750 RWHP, that's enough for high 130s. Alternately, we could go to Sacramento -- they're also NHRA, but are less strict, so as long as you don't do any 160 mph passes...
supergrin.gif

Drop me a line and let me know when you're planning to visit!

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll keep you informed, I have a "way" around your "problems". Here in AZ they don't pay attention to MPH much but they are STRICT on ET. So I sometimes go to the track, trip the lights so the counter begins, then I stop for a couple of seconds while the clock is running and then launch again and make my pass. My 143.2 MPH pass was done this way and was something like a 12.3 @ 143 MPH
smile.gif
I also had a pass after that one were I went 2 MPH faster in the 1/8th but missed 4th, unfortunately I didn't wait long enough so I ran an 11.3 @ 133 MPH (th missed shift killed my MPH) and got booted from the track, I think that would have been a 145+ MPH pass
frown.gif

What I would do if I were you is to go to the track and practice some launches and let off at the 1/8th (that will tell you a lot) then once you have "perfected" your technique go all out on your last pass. You will get kicked out but you'll get your time
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by treynor:
Guilly,
You're on for the DLM ride! The Sears race will have to be through their 1/8th mile, since with the new NHRA rules &gt;135 MPH == roll cage & parachute required, and even if my car makes "only" 750 RWHP, that's enough for high 130s. Alternately, we could go to Sacramento -- they're also NHRA, but are less strict, so as long as you don't do any 160 mph passes...
supergrin.gif

Drop me a line and let me know when you're planning to visit!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt; once you have "perfected" your technique go all out on your last pass. You will get kicked out but you'll get your time

laugh.gif
that's actually *exactly* my plan. If they turn out not to be strict on MPH, I could also just launch softly (e.g. 1000 RPM) rather than waiting, and still be comfortably in the 10's. My RT's legal down to 10.0 / 135 MPH, so I'm more likely to have problems with the MPH than the ET given how Vipers usually run.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you running the car on slicks? Also I got a ? for you, how come you decided to superchage the RT10 as opposed to the GTS?

Keep us posted on the times the car runs
smile.gif

&gt; once you have "perfected" your technique go all out on your last pass. You will get kicked out but you'll get your time

laugh.gif
that's actually *exactly* my plan. If they turn out not to be strict on MPH, I could also just launch softly (e.g. 1000 RPM) rather than waiting, and still be comfortably in the 10's. My RT's legal down to 10.0 / 135 MPH, so I'm more likely to have problems with the MPH than the ET given how Vipers usually run.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey G,
For drag racing, I usually run on ET Streets & skinnies. That much HP + street tires = exercise in frustration, 12-sec 1/4 miles, and much laughter and derision from fellow Viper owners (to say nothing of the 'vette and Supra guys
wink.gif
) And the GTS is my wife's car, which she wants kept stock, so the RT was the logical candidate for major surgery.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha, I was hoping you would say slicks as it is very tough to put power down effectively otherwise
smile.gif

Hey G,
For drag racing, I usually run on ET Streets & skinnies. That much HP + street tires = exercise in frustration, 12-sec 1/4 miles, and much laughter and derision from fellow Viper owners (to say nothing of the 'vette and Supra guys
wink.gif
) And the GTS is my wife's car, which she wants kept stock, so the RT was the logical candidate for major surgery.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang