Dodge and FCA apparently support viper owners better than Nissan does with GT-R owner

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Dodge and FCA apparently support viper owners better than Nissan does with GT-R o

And what's also interesting is that there are several Brand NEW 2015yr GT-R's are listed on ebay for $14,000 off sticker

Hmmmm.

Seems to be a common theme for cars in this niche

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: Dodge and FCA apparently support viper owners better than Nissan does with GT-R o

Wow, I'm surprised the GT-R has problems with overheating when tracked. Sounds like the Viper is one of the only cars out there that puts up with long track sessions. I think NA Vettes did okay, but not their supercharged ones. Do Porsches have problems with temperatures too?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gen I and II Vipers also had trouble with extended track use in stock form. Their brakes tended to fade and engine temps climbed up into the red zone. Track rats addressed these issues by upgrading brake fluids, increasing rear bias and running at lower revs on the straights to lower engine temps.

We would come into the pits, raise our hoods and be sure not to set our e-brakes when temps got too high.

Gen III addressed these issues, and most Vipers could run through a whole tank of fuel without slacking pace.

Newest Vipers have lots of cooling for brake, transmission, rear ends. Even the driver can be cooled, as the A/C now can overcome engine heat.

Nothing is more frustrating than to need to cut your fun driving experience short because your car's fallen into limp home mode.

One more reason that Viper > vette.

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score

That "letter" is 3 years old....

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We sell around 2 GTR's per year. They sell for 10k over MSRP.

We've never had a customer complain with the GTR. Granted we haven't sold more than a dozen or so. Retirees are the only people buying them from us here.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score

VP, did you catch hell from your coworkers for not buying a GTR...seeing as how you work for Nissan?

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We sell around 2 GTR's per year. They sell for 10k over MSRP.

We've never had a customer complain with the GTR. Granted we haven't sold more than a dozen or so. Retirees are the only people buying them from us here.

They must be uninformed buyers. It doesn't take much to get $20k off MSRP on leftover '14 and '15 model years with the $10k dealer cash.

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I stopped reading after the 14th time he said NAGTROC....The GTR is a niche car for the buyer who can afford it, it was never designed to be a high volume sales. And with any high performance car, there are bound to be issues. But I get a kick out of the dude whining about Nissan not honoring warranties after customers have used extensive aftermarket modifications..LMAO, name one car manufacturer that will cover broken parts when you add 150-300hp to the the car..

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The GTR was meant to be a daily driver for the super car owners. I would love to have one. I think they accent Vipers nicely, being opposite ends of the spectrum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave