Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Sneaky Pete's Place' started by Free2go, Jan 24, 2017.
Any speculation on this car?
More than 707 S/C? Not sure, one article eluded to V6TT... But only 400# reduced? C'mon, you can shave a LOT more than that off.
Like the Viper is a streetable road racer, the Demon is slated to be a streetable drag racer but in the sense that the Viper ACR extreme is a streetable road racer. My take on what it will be based on reading between the lines of public data that has appeared in various places.
1. At least 200 pounds lighter than the current Hellcat. Some variability due to weight delete options. Second video shows weight reduction areas by flashes of light on the areas.
2. Stronger 3.09 differential.
3. Eight speed auto transmission only.
4. Nitto drag radials will come as stock tires - probably more like NT555Rs than NT05s. Tires are wider.
5. Height and width of hood vent indicate a higher profile supercharger. My guess is that they used something like a Kenne Bell three liter application instead of the Hellcat's 2.4 liter IHI application. The intercooler will be enhanced and have a rapid cool down function for the drag strip.
6. Probably more robust half shafts and drive shaft due to increase in power. My guess on power: 777 HP
7. It will be a far less friendly daily driver than the Hellcat and not be a good road course car due to a different suspension that will allow it to sit and squat for a better hook up.
8. My guess on stock quarter mile E.T. new from the factory: 10.45 sec.
Have you ordered your yet??--Dave
Damn Bob, that is one hellacious bit of deduction based on a few teaser videos....hahaha
Order books are not open. Earliest possible availability I have read about is late summer/early fall. The car will be at the NY show in April per Dodge's announcements. As for me ordering one, I am not sure that I will. My Hellcat is a very balanced performance car and I use it far more than my Viper or my Jeep. It's great around town and on the highway. The Demon will not be made as an all around car per Tim K's comments. It will be a streetable drag racer. Among other things, weight is being saved by eliminating sound deadening elements. So I will wait to take a good, long look at the car before deciding whether to change my Hellcat for a Demon. In the meantime, my Hellcat is hellaciously fast and still great fun.
Hi. Some of what I said is already out in the public domain. The rest is just logic applied to probable budget, tech availability, testing, durability and longevity requirements and constraints, etc. It is easier for me to guess since I already have a Hellcat and know, in general, what would be an efficient, durable and lasting way to enhance its drag strip performance even if I have not chosen to do so.
What does this car actually look like? I have seen a variety of renderings
Pretty sure it's going to look like a wide body Hellcat, flared rear and the like. I'll estimate over 800 hp. These deductions are based on my feelings, not science.
Take a look at these:
Bob, those pics could be of a random modified Challenger. The brakes look basic AF on the one under the car cover. From what I could tell from the teaser vid, the hood didn't appear heightened to accommodate larger supercharger. I don't know.....
I take that back, hood did look heightened.
The teaser video shows the same hood. You just have to look more closely.
Also look at the Fast and Furious car at the Vin Diesel Facebook page.
I am not sure that's a car I would like but who knows. I hope it's not a flop.
cant wait to see the real deal
Did y'all see this? http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/01/31/no-free-rides-dodge-demon-will-come-with-just-one-seat.html
What fun is it if you can't see that priceless look on your friend's face when you throw them back into their seat when they are least expecting it?
Uh..... this is not turbo'd and those arent reg street tires... http://youtu.be/DDJip8RHn-8
Even if they shed 250 sum odd pounds, the car is still a yacht......
Still weighs more than a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado.
Yea, they can shave a LOT more off that piggy The more aggressive DSM guys would actually remove the sound deadening stuff found under the carpet and IIRC that stuff weighed close to 40#? Or 5 HP gained from weight loss.
Is there gonna be water methanol injection and a race gas tune in the Demon? Did I interpret those videos correctly?
Thats what i got too... rumored 3 levels of fun with 1023 being the top with 100 octane...
Tonight (4-11-17) Dodge Demon.....
Preparing for mayhem. Tune in at 7:30 p.m. ET at ifyouknowyouknow.com or http://www.dodge.com/en/ifyouknowyouknow/
Watching now, did you see the Viper vid yet?