Dodge Different - but not by mutch

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the SLR a couple days ago. The front is quite a bit different though, with the SLR's ugly snout (IMO).

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the sort of thing that will just ruin one's day...

Until seeing the posts about this over the last week or two here, my initial queasiness/dislike about the new viper appearance had started to fade, largely due to the better pics in the recent Motortrend mag, but now...

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I can see your point, but I just downloaded about 5 different views of the SLR, compared them to the 2003, and just about the only view that has any resemblance at all, is the one in your post.... and you can almost put any convertible rear next to each other and make the same comparison.

I've seen both cars, and the resemblance never appeared to me... the Snake seems much wider, has an upward swing of the rear fender bulge, a totally different front end, different overhangs, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2003 was developed WAY before the merger took place...so if there's a resemblance, we should be "flattered" as Mercedes probably "picked up" on some styling cues of our AMERICAN designed and engineered 2003!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw the new 2003 RT/10 in person today in Dallas. It really is better looking in person.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amritawalia