Dodge... Real photos of Silver and black... Please!

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

It would be really appreciated if you would post us official photos now!

I am tired of looking at people posting "customized" versions of the SRT that don't reflect what is actually coming from Dodge.

I love the SRT as it is, and can't wait for mine to arrive.

Great job Dodge! But please, we deserve some real photos at this point.

Sincerely,

Jim Wallace

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
462003SRT10-med.jpg

4603v2.jpg

462003vpr.jpg

46Viper_VGX-med.jpg

Mike - in Denver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These pictures from yellowsnake have been very helpful in keeping me going. But we are long over-due pictures from Dodge (as Cert holders with deposits) and I am beginning to resent their lack of customer attention. We need some official shot. I am concerned that I have made the wrong choice (black) and I may just eat my deposit and keep my yellow RT/10.

Time for some information for the customers that will make this launch a success (or a flop). Wonder what will happen if the final day comes and a significant number of certificate holders walk away? Tough story for the press?

singlemd4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you Mike, I feel I made a mistake ordering the 2003 viper. Dodge made us commit to buying the new viper without knowing the price then raised it 8500 dollars after all certs were in. Shame on them. I'm disappointed to say the least.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by singlemd4u:
Dodge made us commit to buying the new viper without knowing the price then raised it 8500 dollars after all certs were in. Shame on them.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They never did tell us what it was going to go for until last month. My feeling is that it shouldn't cost more than around $3-4k more than the current model.

Body panels are supposedly much less expensive to produce on the new car. The original Viper Team was said to have been given a budget of around $50 million and 3 years to deliver a production model. They did it - and with far less computer modeling capability than they have now. So, what's the budget this time?

I hope they're retooling the side of the car and making it curvier, like any good self-respecting snake should be.

P.S. - And by the way - I also hope they have figured out a way to make the sun visors swing SIDEWAYS, instead of just up and down. What's the deal with that, anyway???? Anyone else get tired of the sun beating down on the side of their faces?

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets not forget that a great deal of the price probably has to do with making the car emissions and road legal. The regs that this car is designed for are a lot tougher than the ones that the GTS and RT/10 had to follow.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still haven't seen a pic of a real Black SRT from the front. Does anyone have any? Also, I feel that Black is the best color for the SRT.( I would not have ordered a SRT if they kept the Graphite color). Black is beatiful baby!!
cool.gif

OP
OP
J

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yellowsnake;

Thanks for the pics!

I think the new Viper looks awesome, even though it's lost some of it's incredible edgy original styling.

I hope we get some "official" pics soon. as these were obviously shot before the minor body changes.

Thanks,

Jim

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove a final pre-production model today:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Dean:

I hope they're retooling the side of the car and making it curvier, like any good self-respecting snake should be.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTS Dean:

P.S. - And by the way - I also hope they have figured out a way to make the sun visors swing SIDEWAYS, instead of just up and down. What's the deal with that, anyway???? Anyone else get tired of the sun beating down on the side of their faces?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. Up and down only.

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first, the sunvisor thing was just an curious oddity. When they missed the chance to fix it with the Gen2/GTS, it became an annoyance. Continuing it on the Stratamaro has made it an unacceptable engineering screwup and whatever's left of Team Viper should be ashamed. I don't know if that's a Herb Helbig 'holy grail' issue, but it has got to stop.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can say I have it on very good authority that Herb made a bunch of decisions like that (they almost didn't have the trunk release on the remote), his intrest in keeping the car non-lux.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first, the sunvisor thing was just an curious oddity. When they missed the chance to fix it with the Gen2/GTS, it became an annoyance. Continuing it on the Stratamaro has made it an unacceptable engineering screwup and whatever's left of Team Viper should be ashamed. I don't know if that's a Herb Helbig 'holy grail' issue, but it has got to stop.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2tall:
I can say I have it on very good authority that Herb made a bunch of decisions like that (they almost didn't have the trunk release on the remote),

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can say that I've gotten very tired of putzing around the back of my car (both the '93 and my '96 GTS), closing the trunk or hatch, getting all snapped into the harness, only to discover that the key isn't in the ignition - it's still in the keyhole in the license plate recess. The cable hatch release was a good addition to the GTS, but see no need for a remote solenoid release or electric mirrors.

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe they even have a trunk on a Viper to begin with. And then they put in air conditioners, power windows and carpeting. **** , this thing is softer than my Spec Ford. What the hell is Helbig thinking? I'm going to whine to someone. Where do I send my complaint?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey, wait until you sit in them, they are the closest thing you will get to a street legal race seat, yet they are actually more comfortable than the original. The other great advantage, the pre-cut holes for 5-point belt installation.