DODGE VIPER CUP (ACR-x) VRL Finals THIS WEEKEND - NV

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Spring Mountain Course, Parumph NV.. FRI-SAT-SUN

Finals of DVC, and VRL. Weather looks great, if you are a day-trip, PLEASE plan to come out for Saturday / Sunday races.

Will be televised in a couple weeks, but BE THERE if you can.

Stop By for a PACE CAR RIDE ?

Jon + Doris
PartsRack

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was GREAT seeing you and Doris out at Spring Mtn this past weekend.
I absolutely love that Challenger Pace car.
Here are some cool shots of you "scrubbing the tires"....but I know you were really just out having FUN !!!! :headbang:
You must be registered for see images attach

One of the highlights for the weekend was getting a ride in the Challenger Pace Car with the lights on, leading the the ACR-X's to the Winner's Circle. That was really cool and JonB even offered to let me drive it back to the Paddocks! Problem is that I would have headed straight out the front gate and floored it all the way to my garage !!!

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
GLAD YOU LIKED THE RIDE! THIS CAR IS FOR SALE! (End of next season) Only has 750 miles on it from 2009. Nascar-Nationwide used its twin Pace Car same weekend, and Dodge was 1 and 3. The driver of the 12-car, Justin Algaier, is also a Viper owner!

Bruce, et-al,as you can see from the photos, the tire-**** cigars laying there all came off those tires! Leftovers from our stints at Miller-VOI, the tires had so much embedded pick-up they were all out of balance. The fun part was the FRONT scrubbing,,,Top Photo....no smoke, but much more difficult to peel/slip 100% of the marbles off. THANKS FOR SHARING.

Dave Scott

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The built in lights stay with the car. The suction cup lights on the roof do not.

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The built in lights stay with the car. The suction cup lights on the roof do not.

That light-bar on top is available from WHELEN ENGINEERING..... same exact one on my ACR as used in NASCAR event, and many saw at VOI. Thanks Sonny Whelen!

And Michelin is donating a new set of +1 size PS2s for next season, so youll be on much better rubber than those GY-Eagles.....

Last edited:

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That pace car is a HOOT to drive. I took it around the track on the moring drive around on Friday morning at Spring Mountain. If I didn't know that it was used as the pace car I would have wondered why the tires felt out of balance, they pick up SO MUCH rubber from the track that it feels like the car is going to shake itself to death. But like Jon B did a little spirited driving you can get that crap off especially when its wet and hard corning you can feel the rubber flying rigth off.

I got to drive it during the drive arounds at Pocono leading people around the track for fun runs at Lunch time. I took my cousins kids (20 year olds) along and they were almost too excited to talk. All i know is they had that kind on smile on their faces, you know the one. The one that would take a
2 X 4 upside the head to knock off.

The person that gets that car will have a lot of history along with a great car.