DODGE will use our COLOR POLL!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to Dodge this morning and they thought the Color Poll was a great ideal. They made it clear tat the results WILL NOT BE CONSIDER PRIOR TO 2004! But the fact is that they will give it consideration on future color selection!

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering I can't stand many of the color's on the poll, where do you get that I made these choices? These choices are from the color's that have appeared on this SITE. All I asked is if we could do a poll?

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look over all the post's the last few weeks about future color's and you will see these color's posted. Some that did not even appear got added. The additions stopped when the poll ran out of room. There is an other button with room for comments. If your color is not there then use that.

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Ferguson: I have a question for you.

I don't recall, but was there ever a poll regarding the design
of the Gen III?

Seems to me they would be interested in what GenI and II owners thought about proposed designs for the Gen III.

Thanks.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Robert, if I may answer your question:

ABSOLUTELY! At just about every VOI, and especially the last two, Dodge not only asked but actually had a survey that was published in VCA Notes, as well as being available at VOI.

We've discussed this many times, but I will refresh everyone:

Dodge listened!
We wanted a true convertible
We wanted MORE HORSEPOWER
We wanted side exhausts
We wanted a V10
We wanted MORE HORESPOWER
We wanted better aerodynamics
....oh, and did I say We wanted MORE HORSEPOWER?

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Houss:
Robert, if I may answer your question:

ABSOLUTELY! At just about every VOI, and especially the last two, Dodge not only asked but actually had a survey that was published in VCA Notes, as well as being available at VOI.

We've discussed this many times, but I will refresh everyone:

Dodge listened!
We wanted a true convertible
We wanted side exhausts
We wanted a V10
We wanted MORE HORESPOWER
We wanted better aerodynamics
....oh, and did I say We wanted MORE HORSEPOWER?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

======================

Joseph......thank you very much.

But did the members have any input on the "exterior design" ???

Were concept drawings provided ...... to obtain feedback from the existing owners??

Or were they working in a vacuum??

Thanks again.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
That question was also discussed previously:

I believe the exterior design changes turned out to be more of an issue than what all believed. I think WE assumed that the style would somehow reflect all the existing curves of the car, so never really mentioned our thoughts during the "brain sessions" with Dodge during VOI's (other than the convertible, and sidepipes).. and I believe Team Viper thought that our priorities were performance first, performance second, performance third ... and somewhere way down the totem pole ... existing style.

As you know, the SRT-10 was the FIRST Viper to be produced as a race car first (remember the GTS/R concept car of a few years ago?), and then... use THAT geometry as a template for the production car. This was done to make sure that Dodge didn't hit any issues when they convert the cars into a pure bread race car. So what we are essentially being offered is an absolutely performance engineered and tailored racecar .... with all the homologation necessary to get a production certification from the DOT and EPA (and whatever entities approve automobile issues for the federal gov't).

Think of it this way, you're buying a competition coupe, and then adding stuff to make it street certified, and driveable (ground clearance, another seat, etc), and just to make it different, chop the top off and add a REAL convertible top.

SO, since the comp coupe is going to be offered at $100,000K, we're going to be driving an absolute bargain!!!!!

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robert, I am sure that we could do a poll on the design, but at this point I do not know how that would help? As Joe stated above, this is a design that has come from the "visions" of Viper owners who have attended past VOI's. I sat in some of these sessions and listened (mostly in disagreement) to what was said. I shivered when I heard the "dead-pedal" discussion, I still LIKE the fact that my Viper LEAKS, and I was amazed at how the majority of the owners asked for a more civilized version of the beast? The owner body made it clear that performance was Number 1, (surprisingly) comfort Number 2, style seemed to be a distant third.

In order to fully achieve what was requested, you now get a more aerodynamic Viper, with a top that avoids leaks, more creature comforts, and a lot more power.

When I initially saw the SRT/10 I was not impressed by the looks, but very intrigued by the performance. Then an amazing thing happened. I was standing on a platform in Cobo Hall, and all of a sudden I look down and the SRT/10 is now next to a 2001 RT/10. Holy crap, what a CAR! The new Viper at that point took on a life of it's own in my eyes. All of a sudden this questionable style came into focus. The new version looked SERIOUS, not the wild almost cartoonish toy I have been lusting after for more than a decade, but rather a car that will take on the best that the world has to offer. The new version is wider, a little longer, sleeker, lower, and much MEANER looking that the original (at least from that view point).

My Viper today will be a classic because of it's raw presence. The SRT/10 will be a classic because of the overall ********** it brings to the sports car world. IMHO

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't DODGE use the colour poll for the 2003 model year since most of the people voting will be purchasing their SRT THIS year?? (and probably won't be trading in a year)??
How about making colour an option ?? I'd GLADLY pay a premium to get the colour of my choice!!
GO PLUM CRAZY or COPPERHEAD COPPER!!!!!!

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things just do not happen that fast in this industry. And keep in mind that the results of a poll with some 200-250, maybe a 1,000 by the time we submit, does not represent the entire group purchasing the SRT/10.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I know you're right Steve.....I guess I just think the colours that they seem to be planning to do the car in are rather mundane......red , black and silver!! ( I know these are the most popular!!)
It's just my personal opinion but I'd love to see a bit more colour or stripes!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper