Does anyone know where you can buy claybar clay by itself?

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the Meguiar's claybar kit (sealed) only to find upon opening it: one 16oz. spray bottle of quick detailer, one microfiber towl, and two small individually wrapped claybars in a little plastic box. The quick detailer can be had for $5, the towl for $1, so that must mean for my purchase of $21 & change, the clay is worth $15:omg:. Daaaaaaaaaammmn!!!:crazy2: Is that the going rate for clay?:dunno:

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer your question, yes, clay isn't exactly cheap. Adam's Polishes sells clay alone but it's a little bit more expensive. I've used both and like the Adam's clay better.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick detailer is about $7.95 here, and a single detail quality microfiber cloth is around $2.50. Plastic box gotta be worth a buck.

You can get a shovel full of clay dirt pretty cheap, but the quality stuff sold for auto detailing is just a bit more.:crazy2:

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Griot's Garage sells the Claybar by itself, and it's a nice size bar for the money as well as doing an excellent job!

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love Adams and zaino clay didn't much care for meguiars as it was more aggressive. Spend the money it's worth it and you get what you pay foreign lay bars!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Used maquires this summer when I ran out of Adams claybar. I was not impressed.

redrichard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Detailed Image they have three grades of clay bar, medium gentile and fine . they are in Guilerlland, NY.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Note on clay:

There is a patent on clay and it is all made by one company. So, no matter where you buy the clay, it's all made by the same person. The patent ends this year!!

There are different grades of clay, and tend to be used for different purposes. Adam's sells the grey clay, which is a mid-grade clay. It is agressive enough to provide quick results, but mild enough for the everyday user.

OP
OP
O

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This information is very much appreciated. I will keep this for next time. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth