Door gaps on 1995 RT/10

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a potential (used) Viper Owner. The car I am looking at is a 1995 RT/10, with 51,000 miles. The car looks great, clean car fax, owned by an older gentleman, new clutch, updated wheels, new Michelins, runs and drives great. Completely stock. Asking is $23K.

I noticed that the top of both doors where they meet the upper front fenders (near the windshield) seem to be tight, not rubbing, just closer than the door gaps near the rear quaters. The fit along the rear quarter panel is straight and even. The owner said that door fit on generation 1 Vipers was problematic. Just wondering if that is correct? This isn't a deal breaker for me as long as it's a common occurance.

Any other "used Viper buyer" advice would be greatly appreciated.

GREAT SITE!!! Thanks for having me.

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I understand aligning the doors are not that big of a problem if they are a little off. Sagging is common and a good body shop and some shims usually resolve it. Make sure the hood opens and closes smoothly also. The best thing to do is get the car on a lift and check the frame rails for alignment. Just like looking down a 2x4x8 stud piece of lumber to see if it's straight. If a shop other than a dealer has done work it will not show up on Carfax. Don't trust Carfax.
Any other questions PM me and I'll call you.
Greg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave