Doug Levin, you ARE the man....

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just thought I would give props where they are due. We had a local dyno day here in KC and had a wonderful time. Gear Grabbin' Gary stole the show with his newly returned Gen I RT/10 from Doug Levin. Here is a dyno sheet to make you smile.

You must be registered for see images

If you would like to see this bad boy in action, go here. Notice how quickly this bad boy rockets through 4th gear. http://home.kc.rr.com/performinnorman/gldyno.mpg

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
holy bajeebies, and that's a GENI.. hahahahahah, I just saw the video, turn up the volume you can hear them say "holy ***, 787!!"
Trust me , on a cold Central United States day, he'll be pushing much more than 800 at the rears!!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was INCREDIBLE to watch! The car ran and sounded like nothing we here in the boonies have ever seen before. I will post full results and dyno sheets for ALL participants tommorow on a new thread in this forum. Congrats to Doug Levin for another masterpiece and to Gary and Nancy for bringing it (and themselves) to Dyno Day. It was hilarious to watch 12 Viper owners all drop their jaws as the results were announced. Doug better get a few transport trucks up to Kansas City to get all these Vipers down to Miami. He sold a lot of people today!

Chris

PS. Norman, pretty convenient that the video ends up with some guy's back to the camera advertising Doug Levin Motorsports. What a nice back too!
laugh.gif

OP
OP
P

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2KGTS:

PS. Norman, pretty convenient that the video ends up with some guy's back to the camera advertising Doug Levin Motorsports. What a nice back too!
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear ya, I emailed Doug because I thought he might like that video for advertising. hahaa

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
eek.gif
Unreal... and from a Gen-I car to boot! Is that a new high watermark for Gen-I power?

Gary, congrats -- looks like the wait was worth it!

Gear Grabbn Gary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norman, Thanks for posting the dyno run. It such a pleasure to have the car back, and to have it produce those numbers. I can only say that I give all credit due to Doug and his amazing abilities working with the viper community. Just as a last note, these numbers are produced on PUMP GAS ONLY.

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary - All I've got to say is that I'd hate to pull up to a stop light next to you!

That is one bad ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
A Big Congrats to Gary & Nancy and to all those who attended the Dyno event! Chris, Performin' Norman and to all of you guys for the kind words - Thanks!

We started construction on Gary's car that was SUPPOSED to be a Level I. Then we decided more power was going to be on the agenda
smile.gif
. The car has a whole new Gen 1 redesigned system. It's well engineered and Gary and Nancy were so supportive and allowed me the R&D time to create one of our best Gen 1s to date. It was such a pleasure building this car for two special people!

The car has no fuel cell or nitrous, idles, runs and drives about the same as it did stock, 93 or 92 pump gas is plenty of octane. The car has cats and mufflers and is a BLAAASSST to drive.

Regards,
Doug Levin

Trans Am WS6 420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I saw the car shortly before it was shipped back up, and once again, Doug made my jaw drop. The way the car idles, I would have SWORN it was stock. Amazing, amazing, amazing. You never stop raising that bar, Doug!

- Matt

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug,

Just wanted to thank you for sponsoring our event in Kansas City. With Gary's car there, it generated a lot of interest in "upgrades".

I know there was some concern in our club about the length of time that it was taking. Gary assured us that progress was taking place and that R&D work was being done on this Gen I project. Some of the concerns were being generated with all the Rip-Offs taking place at another Viper tuner.

I took a look at the installation and it looks good. I am REAL picky about any changes to a factory configuration. I like this upgrade.

The Trophies (I have mine sitting on the dinning room table). and T-shirts were a big hit. You gained many supporters by sponsoring this event and having Gary's car present.

Thanks again,

Jerry

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to also thank Doug. Nice gifts. All I got was a t-shirt
crying.gif
, and my wife glommed on to it immediately. Should have lifted another one.

I agree with the work done on this car. It sounded like stock, but it sure WASN'T. I will NEVER forget Gary leaving the street, entering the parking area, and goosing it. Holy crap, that was the most tremendous experience, seeing the tires melt and the engine roar. I felt I was back at the Topeka NHRA drags, and John Force was somewhere around there.

Beautiful job, Doug.

Gear Grabbn Gary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank, Just wait untill I learn how to harness all of this power and can get it to hook up, then we will go for a FUN ride. Same goes for anyone who wishes to go for a ride and experience the best E-ticket ride around.

OP
OP
P

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She has got to be scary. I can remember turning the tires in my blown camaro at 70 mph. I can't imagine what that beast will do.

Doug,

Thanks for all of the goodies and the sponsorship. We appreciate it.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary, I love to hear stories about insane power. What did it feel like when you first got in it and boosted?!!???

Only thing I could do was actually let out a VERY nervous laughter...

Gerald

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug and Gary excellent numbers. Amazing a true production package with that kind of horsepower numbers. Pump gas, cats and mufflers WOW! Doug you never cease to amaze me! Next one you build I'm coming by the shop for a ride
supergrin.gif

Cheers,
Tom

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** ! Has that beast been run at the track yet? Unbelievable power, specially with cats and 92 octane!
smile.gif

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one powerful car! I can't believe I just saw the video for the first time. Great video! And to think too many people say Gen 1's don't make as much power as the Gen 2's. Great job Doug!!!

Ross

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey what gives??? I was trying to show a friend of mine the DLM dyno video and it won't work. Is it me or is something wrong with the link?

Thanks
Max

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep seeing all the horepower and torque Doug Levin's supercharged viper cars make, so please no flame intended. However no timeslips is there something wrong at the track. Most of the fastest cars are heads, cam and spray. Please most some of these supercharged cars time's.

OP
OP
P

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MaxedGTS:
Hey what gives??? I was trying to show a friend of mine the DLM dyno video and it won't work. Is it me or is something wrong with the link?

Thanks
Max

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took it off because I have limited server space. I will put it back up just for a couple days.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ronviper:
I keep seeing all the horepower and torque Doug Levin's supercharged viper cars make, so please no flame intended. However no timeslips is there something wrong at the track. Most of the fastest cars are heads, cam and spray. Please most some of these supercharged cars time's.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The only thing I would see a DLM Car break would be the dyno.. hehe

It would seem to me a person who gets a supercharged car isn't really a drag racer as I"m not one either and really don't care about going out with other guys on a Friday night and gettin' greeeeeasy. If someone just wanted a 1/4 mile car, go with the nitrous. My car is driven dialy since the day I got it. Perhaps when more serious racers get their car like Dan / Ben Treynor, etc. they can post some nice numbers..
And there's no problem with them at the track or anywhere else.. They run like a swiss clock.
smile.gif
Nothing like having near or over 900HP on tap anytime you want it ..woohooo!

Just my thoughts..

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason i asked is my son as a 1989 Mustang with Vortech supercharger on his car. It produces 660 rwhp and he run's 9.70 at 140+mph, his car is also a stick car 4 speed. With the power some of the vipers are making they should easily beat his time's. I know his car is 300 pounds lighter, but horsepower and torque should make up for that.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont' know what it is about the viper, but running 9's seems to be an elusive number, no matter how much HP you have..

Gerald

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1989 Mustang should be 5-speed, unless he installed an aftermarket gearbox.

Solid rear vs. Independent.

Solid (mustang) is better for drag racing.

Independent is better for EVERYTHING else: ride, handling, road course, etc....

The Viper's suspension is also very firm, which is not good for drag racing. An extremely soft rear is great for weight transfer (can someone say wheel stand?), which most 1/4 Mustangs have by simply changing the rear shock (under $100).

Basically, the Viper was not designed to be a 1/4 mile car. Road racing is its specialty. That being said, it can still pull some great 1/4 runs, due to the awesome HP/Torque.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62