Downgraded to enthusiast.

OP
OP
D

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aww, Oh well. I'll join when I get back from my deployment, suppose to leave May 17th, who knows when I'll actually get back. No point in setting it up now and not getting to use it.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LIG is correct. The title of Viper Owner is going away. It didn't come with any elevated privileges it was just a title.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aww, Oh well. I'll join when I get back from my deployment, suppose to leave May 17th, who knows when I'll actually get back. No point in setting it up now and not getting to use it.

There are plenty of membership perks you can use, even on deployment. How about a nice Viper magazine to read? How about full access to all sections of this website? You get more gallery space, more PM inbox capacity, and if you join TODAY (4/8/2011), you can purchase raffle tickets for the Viper pictured in the upper right corner of your screen. How about FE #50 of #50 for $125?

OP
OP
D

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Won't be able to read the magazine till I get back. Chances are I'm barely going to have much internet access where I'm going. Plus holding off on buying a raffle ticket till I find out whether or not I'm getting a paycheck or if this government shutdown BS is going to last long.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won't be able to read the magazine till I get back. Chances are I'm barely going to have much internet access where I'm going. Plus holding off on buying a raffle ticket till I find out whether or not I'm getting a paycheck or if this government shutdown BS is going to last long.

Understood. Just wanted you to know that if you are interested in the raffle tickets, you MUST be a VCA Member as of today to be able to purchase tickets. i.e. tonight at midnight is the cutoff to be eligible.

Stay safe wherever it is you're going.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I miss my honorary title that I grew kinda fond of
You must be registered for see images

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its kinda nice to know if a poster is an actual viper owner though. It does make a difference ind think in getting answers but I guess if people fill in their sign with car info, its the same

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its kinda nice to know if a poster is an actual viper owner though. It does make a difference ind think in getting answers but I guess if people fill in their sign with car info, its the same

I agree. ( But, I'm thinking that they don't get to have a signature either. )

I also see the new "rule" as taking something away from me both as a forum member and a VCA member. I don't care for the new rule. IMHO, No one buys a membership because they will get a signature that describes a bit about where they are coming from.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree. If I ask for technical info, I'd rather know if the guy who answers has a Viper or not. I'd feel safer knowing that the answer I got came from a Viper owner, who likely has more experience with working on these cars than a non-owner.

What are the thoughts behind deleting the "Viper owner" title? I don't see that making anyone pony up for a membership just for a title change.

Stuff seems to keep getting fixed around here that was never broken.

nodoor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey whats the deal. I renwed my VCA Venom 4 weeks ago and now I have been downgraded.

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Musclenuts, I was thinking the same thing as I was reading the posts. If our service men and woman can go put thier lives on the line for us so we and and families can have a care free life the least we could do is issue them free memberships,anyone else agree !!!!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry, no.

i certainly appreciate what they do but im not into the entitlement thing, just personal opinion.

where does it stop ? do cops/firemen get free memberships too ?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry, no.

i certainly appreciate what they do but im not into the entitlement thing, just personal opinion.

where does it stop ? do cops/firemen get free memberships too ?

I agree. As an ex-service member, I never expected, and wouldn't want the charity, even if it's in the form of.gratitude.