DRAG RACING FOR VOI 7 REGISTRANTS

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can only run in 1 class....sorry
I think allot of people would have the same plan of action (to run 2 classes) but its not fair to the ModII class.
come on Anthony I know you are going to run Unlimited with what you have brewing. Thanks Michael but Thanks should also go out to Kingman, and the rest of the Presidents and National VCA that helped us put this thing together and of course Dodge.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this going to be heads up or a dial in race ? What kind of tree...pro or full...4/10's or 5/10's. Hopefully at least a couple heads up classes on a pro tree. Prashant and the other organizers.....don't think everybody is not thankfull because of all the questions. I think we are just excited. THANKS TO ALL OF THE ORGANIZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1TONY1 all the classes will be dealing with a full tree (I know I am begining to like a pro tree myself). all classes are heads up except for the Bracket class.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoosier Daddy,
I too would be in modified 1

and would get wiped out by most other vipers in that category.
Because I only have a snakeoly sub-exhaust not even full cat back
and would have to go up against this:

eek.gif
Any "bolt on" mods (headers, exhaust, intake, roller rockers, custom air boxes, gear changes, computer boxes, etc.) with street radial tires. No headwork, cam changes or "power adders" (NOS, turbo, supercharger) allowed.

oh well..even tracked the car or dragged it probably never will.

JIM

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you would be surprised in what a cat back car can do. our last event a cat back only car won second place (in MODI) because the driver skills were great. the MODI class was all over the board from 12.4 to 11.6---things can happen like red lighting and poor take off's (60 foots)..either way this will be a fun event and I think you should give it a shot.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hesitate to even ask, but since this is an NHRA track --

Will a rollcage and parachute be required for cars running >135 MPH?
Will window netting, master off switch, and about a zillion other things be required for Vipers running faster than 10.0?

Err, I'm of course just asking the hypothetical questions, not implying that those questions will be at all relevant for my car or anything...
BURNOUT.gif

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben, as Prashant already referenced earlier in this thread, just come have a good time and let the track and the VCA worry about those matters. But, please consider the safety risk implications for one's health of showing up to any performance event with a relatively stock Viper, stuffed with a motor capable of running 9's and low 10's in the 140 mph range, without having some real good extra safety equipment. There are obvious reasons why the concerns are greater at those speeds and stress on the car. If you have more specific questions about your individual situation, be sure to contact Prashant, our competition director by phone or e-mail. Thanks, and look forward to seeing you there.
smile.gif

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey WK -- quite understood, and my car has a bunch of the requisite safety stuff (NHRA rollbar + sidebar, 5 points harness, tranny shield, SFI balancer, etc). However, a full cage, parachute, fire system etc. is beyond what I'm willing to throw at what is first and foremost my street car, and I just wanted to be sure I wouldn't get booted if (hypothetically) I were to run a 140-mph pass.

Thanks,
Ben