Drag Radials

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are not designed to go around corners. Trust me on that I drove to the thrack Wed evening and was scared shi-less on the highway.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do they corner better than the BFGs?

IMO... they corner much better than BFGs. I was able to compare both tires on the car in the same day..

The ETs are taller. About 1+ inch or so. the photos show the difference. Both tires are mounted on identical Forgeline WC3 18X13 wheels.

Like CANYON707 said, they are "different" to drive on than PS2s or run flats for sure. The rear end sways a little more on turns.

m_003.jpg

m_006.jpg

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some of the problem I had with the handling of the car was the sport cups on the front. I am going to change those to a pair of run flats that I have in my garage and see if its better.

TT ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How does the taller tire look on the car? I was thinking about getting those but was concerned about the height diff.Thanks

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EMAILED TT also
I have to say I really like the MT tires. I also want to say that I would not think of using them for street use. The reason behind this is not much tread depth and I think the sidewalls may be a bit soft. I have driven it to and from the track and with sports cups on the front the car had a mind of its own. I did some older run flats and it was a much better ride. I spoke to MT tires and they recommended a couple of tires for the front. You would have to call and check that out as for the size.
They work perfect on the Viper srt 04 with the tire 345 35 18 and is 27.5 inches in dia on an 18" rim where as the ps2 345 30 19 and is 27.4 " on a 19 inch rim so the anawer is pretty much equal. Truely different applications
better straight line performance with the MT and better handleing with the ps2 HOPE THIS HELPS.

turbo5oh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have an super charged 03 srt, i hvae been looking for a set of dr but as you already know they do not make 19 ones yet what rim are you using for the 18's so i can buy a set of those for the track as i dont have to tell you guys about traction lol i went 11.41 @127 spinning all of 2nd into 3rd. any info would be great thanks

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have an super charged 03 srt, i hvae been looking for a set of dr but as you already know they do not make 19 ones yet what rim are you using for the 18's so i can buy a set of those for the track as i dont have to tell you guys about traction lol i went 11.41 @127 spinning all of 2nd into 3rd. any info would be great thanks
SSR 18" If I ran 11.41 here in Ca I would need a full roll cage and a fire suit. The best we can run without that stuff is 11.5 then the world of drag racing changes. Do the tires it makes a world of difference and they look bad ass.

turbo5oh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the track was rented last sat they close there eyes some on rented events.. lucky for me:D:D.. the video is on superstallions.com Have you run your car with the new radials? i was going to try it from second gear i just roll out in 1st then to the wood and 2nd goes up in smoke and i just pedal it out.i was also thinking of buying the roll bar they sell for it does anyone what to try a group purchase? thanks for ur info

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes I have run it with the new tires. Night and day difference. cut .8 seconds off my time. I am still pretty much stock. I ran 12.0 @117 nothing to brag about but it is what it is. FUN

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the BFG's on my car full time. These are more drivable than the BFG's? Why wouldn't someone want to run DR's full time?

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't think one would want to use them full time. The cars handling performance is way way less than with other tires like the PS2 etc.

turbo5oh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats still a great pass.. i went 12.04 @ 120 stock.. are you walking it out in first gear? i leave off idle wait till like 3500 rpm then to the floor it goes and go from there. I think the air is better here in pa and the cars et and mph a little better my buddy lives in vegas and he agrees with me. but i can tell you one thing the best mod was putting the blower on i dynoed it stock 444 hp with no k&n or nothing then i just put the blower on and it made 675 with the settings that come from paxton i caould have made more but the pistons can not handle it.

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats still a great pass.. i went 12.04 @ 120 stock.. are you walking it out in first gear? i leave off idle wait till like 3500 rpm then to the floor it goes and go from there. I think the air is better here in pa and the cars et and mph a little better my buddy lives in vegas and he agrees with me. but i can tell you one thing the best mod was putting the blower on i dynoed it stock 444 hp with no k&n or nothing then i just put the blower on and it made 675 with the settings that come from paxton i caould have made more but the pistons can not handle it.

Yes I don't do a high throttle start. Roll out and throttle up trying to keep the tires from spinning loose. I am still spinning in first gear. I think I can get a better time to 60' 1.8 is what I got so far. I am changing gears and the differential to OS Giken and 3.55 gears fron my stock diff with 3.73's so in a few weeks it should be better.

turbo5oh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am still on the stock mich sports when i went the 11.41. once i roll out in first im ok but once i slam 2nd just spins and i have to peddle into 3rd.. i wanted to try and leave from 2nd gear but i never got the chance to di anyone ever try that?

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard somewhere in here that someone did that but ******* the clutch. I would get better tires It took 8 tenths off my time.

turbo5oh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yea i figured as much had to ask though lol thanks for your input:D