Dream is coming true!

kyleblix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the process of finalizing the purchase of my first Viper! It's a '97 GTS, blue with white stripes. Car has 13k miles on it!
All the paperwork has been completed and I’m picking it up in about a week and a half. I think this is going to be the longest week and half of my life.
Had the car appraised by a private appraiser. Also has a PPI done.
Everything looks good except the a/c isn't blowing cold. I can live with that for now :)

As of now I’m not planning on moddng the car, outside of K&N smooth tubes. But I have said that several times before.

Before this I had a 2006 Ram SRT10 QC. While I loved the truck, I just kept thinking the engine would be so great in something lighter = Viper :headbang:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the process of finalizing the purchase of my first Viper! It's a '97 GTS, blue with white stripes. Car has 13k miles on it!
All the paperwork has been completed and I’m picking it up in about a week and a half. I think this is going to be the longest week and half of my life.
Had the car appraised by a private appraiser. Also has a PPI done.
Everything looks good except the a/c isn't blowing cold. I can live with that for now :)

As of now I’m not planning on moddng the car, outside of K&N smooth tubes. But I have said that several times before.

Before this I had a 2006 Ram SRT10 QC. While I loved the truck, I just kept thinking the engine would be so great in something lighter = Viper :headbang:

Congrats...welcome to the CLUB.:2tu:

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice!! I know what you mean about the wait!! Whe. I bought my viper I put the deposit down in march but I couldn't get down to pick it up in Kentucky until June. Seemed like forever

OP
OP
K

kyleblix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm just trying not to think about it. The more I think about it, the slower time goes.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The AC is no big deal. Mine was a $6 seal that is common with many other Chrysler cars. It's easy to change and then just recharge it. Do a search here and you'll find details and pics. Pretty common... My 98 GTS freezes me out now. Good Luck !

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! Take her easy on the wet streets, and check the age of the rubber!!

If you get a dry day, come up and see me!:headbang:

PBR

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! A friend of mine just picked up a 97 B/W GTS last week. You're going to have a blast with the car. My 98 GTS is my first RWD car and it is not intimidating at all. The car is predictable and drives EXACTLY like a proper RWD should.

It's funny you went from an SRT-10 RAM, I always thought the V10 in my 95 Ram 3/4 ton would be better in a car myself.

OP
OP
K

kyleblix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The AC is no big deal. Mine was a $6 seal that is common with many other Chrysler cars. It's easy to change and then just recharge it. Do a search here and you'll find details and pics. Pretty common... My 98 GTS freezes me out now. Good Luck !

Glad to hear it! I'd sure like to have the a/c cold before the hot months hit.

Congratulations! Take her easy on the wet streets, and check the age of the rubber!!

If you get a dry day, come up and see me!:headbang:

PBR

It won't be my DD, so hopefully she rarely sees wet streets. I had the rubber checked during the PPI.

I've got some good friends in Olympia, I’m sure I’ll be up there this summer!

Congrats on the purchase! A friend of mine just picked up a 97 B/W GTS last week. You're going to have a blast with the car. My 98 GTS is my first RWD car and it is not intimidating at all. The car is predictable and drives EXACTLY like a proper RWD should.

Good to know. I'll be taking it very slow until I get the feel for the car. Hell, I’m excited to just wash/wax the thing!

Awesome color combo choice!!!!

Not that I am biased or anything..........

You're car is beautiful! Blue/white is what I've always wanted. On the right car I probably would have taken red/white, but I’m glad I found a nice blue one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21