Driving to Nurburgring Today ******** ACR Runs

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our client Carl Stromnes has just left his home no more than an hour ago in Sweden on a Journey to the Nurburgring to experience what only few have and all desire to - Drive our Viper's at The Ring!:headbang: It all started a few months ago when I answered a phone call and on the line was a heavy accent that new exactly what he wanted.. Carl had just purchased a new ******** ACR and it was being shipped overseas from a broker out of Virginia USA and he wanted a high performance care package to make the journey with his Snake.. We packaged up a set of our ACR-X headers, Race Ported Intake, ACR-X Clutch Kit and rounded up a Mopar Controller, ACR-X Race Mufflers and Ring Aligment & Suspension Specs to meet his crazy shipping deadline. Carl did all the installation work himself with a few late night phone calls and emails back & fourth the deed was done!

Carl just emailed me and said him and his wife are driving out and will keep me updated with emails, photos and videos to follow.. I asked him if it would be ok to document on the Viper Club website and he said please do so, because he wants to share the experience with us all.. Just so you guys know, Carl loves American cars and is looking forward to Snake up on the European Super Cars running at The Ring!:D

Stay tuned for updates and let's show Carl how we roll on the VCA :usa: and support his dream run, which is probably ours too!

(Watch Carl's test run Youtube Video on the streets of Sweden!:drive:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTvV-i_rNYg

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy Gomez - President
1337 North Market Blvd. Ste 100
Sacramento, Ca. 95834
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds awesome and maybe there will be a pro hot shoe around who really knows the Ring to get the best time when you are there. Good luck and keep us posted. Hopefully with a video too.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No pro drivers needed. This is what Viper is all about. A regular guy can live such a dream. His own personal epic adventure. The times are not the important thing. The reality that one can purchase a Viper, and with the support of the Viper community, take it to the Ring for a personal adventure, and share it back with the faithful.

God Speed Carl...Run like the wind!

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully this isn't Carl's first time 'round the Ring; I can't imagine what that must be like to drive for the first time. Lead/follow would be enormously helpful, is Kuno or Dominik available? :)

I give Carl huge props for doing all that work himself!

...and that IS a very cool trailer. Pop the top, get in, and unload!

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck at the Ring!!....that is definately a bucket list thing to do :2tu:

Car looks great, love that trailer, what a cool design.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent Carl a link to the thread and I'm sure he'll be pretty stoked with all the support and interest in his run., ooh yeah trailer to.. As soon as I get any comments, photo's and videos I'll post them.. I'm sure with the road trip, track time prepp and the concentration game he's pretty focused on The Ring, but I'm sure in he'll check us (VCA) out over the weekend..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I was posting Carl called me and says it's about 2:00 am his time and is just getting back to the Hotel. Dinner and fine German Beer finished up his evening with friends and other driver's. He laid down a lap time of "7:36".., Yes guys that's "7:36" BTG.. He says he will send a Video next and thanks for all the support and he loves his ACR ********!:usa: Stay tuned - more to come...:D

Here's an email I recieved earlier in the day from Carl and his friend Jimmy who is also from Sweden. (FYI) - Carl has a gen 2 Viper aswell , but had to have an ACR ******** after Septembers 7:12 / 7:03 Nurburgring runs!

(1) Actual quote - Carl:
"Hi Toddy

Sorry that I havent called or e-mail but is been busy!

The car is wonderful and everything works great.
Did 2 lap on BTG 7.36 wish is alright for an amatuer.

Sending you some pictures and will come came with a film.

I'm in heaven
Carl Stromnes"

(2) Actual quote - Jimmy:
"Hey Toddy

i just got a call from Charlie, he is having some big internet problems in Germany so he asked me to email you some pictures that i got on my phone.

His best time so far is 7.36 BTG and today he was the fastest of all the ones in the Grand Turismo Nurburgring event,
he said the car is handling really great and he his really satisfied with the handling and the Nurburgring setup.

Tomorrow(Wednesday) is a event day and they are going to test the new mclaren mp4-12c and take a helicopter ride over Nurburgring, and the GP
track is open.

And on Thursday it is a new attack day on the nordschleife, he said himself he had a bad ass time going today but the lap got redflaged.

and just to answer Mr rw99 question on the viperclub forum, it isn't his first time on the Nurburgring.
don't know if you have seen his other viper but that one is a monster to." End Quote

BBG_16.jpg

BBG_17.jpg

BBG_18.jpg

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER= :usa:

Last edited:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, 7:36 is impressive for anyone that's not a pro. big congrats!! can't wait for vids

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some more pics of your car @ the Ring.

Last year I was instructor for the GT-events for the Circuit Zandvoort in the Netherlands, nice cars!!! Your BTG time is really fast!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Attachments

• 94a2494e9ef6b1dbd6b45ce341373903.jpg
    94a2494e9ef6b1dbd6b45ce341373903.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carl's back in Sweden and sends his best! He will make an attempt to post if he can figure out the login process.. Here's a Video and a few more photos from his Grand Turismo week at Nurburgring!!:drive:

Note: the 7:36 BTG run did not make the Go-Pro, but the 7:39 BTG did.. Enjoy the Video..:D

(Youtube Video Run / Viper ACR ******** 7:39 BTG Nurburgring - Carl Stomnes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqZngGwNgjA&feature=g-all-u&context=G238d0b8FAAAAAAAAAAA

(Carl had the opportunity to get pointer's from Sabine Schmitz who has over 1500 laps around "The Ring" under her belt.)

(Hot Lap Run)

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

Last edited:

Sub 8 BTG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear VCA members

It's been a pleasure to read the thread and seen all the positive vibs thats coming from you all! Thanks you all very much. I can imagine that a project like this is hard to run if living on the other side of the drink but it possible and has been made before. I hope that Toddy and I perhaps been given you some light in Nürburgring dream.

My wife and I are true ringen fan with pictures and maps of it in our home! It maybe sound crazy for a regular person for us ringen-nerds it totally normal.

This trip was our fourth and we hope to go there next year again. First year we ran the Suzuki Swift, then our GTS, last year we ran a Ford RS500 and now the fantastic ACR.

We are going to make some changes like seats and steering wheel for next year but the chassi feels like it born on the ring and it just loves it!

It nice that some of you liked the trailer so I will get some more numbers and photos on it in the near future.

Thanks alot //Carl