Drove wife in RT today

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took my wife for her first ride in the RT today. It was a nice sunny day 75 degrees and I had the top off. We drove for about an hour and a half. This was also her first time riding in a shift drive car. Well, she did not like that. I decided to put her in 6 gear and got it up to around eighty. I can tell she was not thrilled with that neither. She complained about the windows being down so we rolled them up. When we got home I ask her how was the ride in the Viper. She said the car is too loud, I feel every bump on the road, and it is just a rough ride. She also told she did not want to learn how to drive it.

Well this does not really surprise me since every car she has had was either a 4cyl honda, totota, or Mazda. I told her you are riding in a V10. She just rolled her eyes at me and walked away. Looks like she will not be riding in the Viper anytime soon. I guess when we go out we will take her Mazda Miata weeeeeeee :lmao:

I started kidding with her and told her dont let me catch you out on the road because the snake will eat you alive.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds familiar.
My wife was in my 98 GTS twice when I first got it in 2004.
She didn't much like it. Three Vipers and seven years later she's never been in one since.
Works for me, she can get her own toys.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's like when guys smile and tell me their wife likes to go fishing or go to sports bars... I just put my hand on their shoulder and say Sorry to hear that dude...:D

Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds familiar.
My wife was in my 98 GTS twice when I first got it in 2004.
She didn't much like it. Three Vipers and seven years later she's never been in one since.
Works for me, she can get her own toys.
Yep same with my wife, She says the car is too loud, she does not like the way I drive it, the ride is too bumpy. I think she has only been in the car Twice!

Best car Ive ever owned :D

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like most wifes, mine can take it or leave it. Most wifes want that nice quiet ride with no bumps (she has a LS460 Lexus) kind of hard to compare. She's Happy, I'm Happy & when we go on a long trip, we're both happy!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Took my wife for her first ride in the RT today. It was a nice sunny day 75 degrees and I had the top off. Well, she did not like that....... got it up to around eighty. I can tell she was not thrilled with that neither. She complained about the windows being down....... She said the car is too loud, I feel every bump on the road, and it is just a rough ride. She also told she did not want to learn how to drive it...... She just rolled her eyes at me and walked away. Looks like she will not be riding in the Viper anytime soon....

And YOUR POINT IS............... ?!?!?

heliguy25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang picky picky, my ** rides around with me all the time in my Exige. Soon as I find a viper ill start letting her drive it.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife likes the Viper. She doesn't care about the noise or rough ride, those don't bother her.

She said she does feel more comfortable in the ZR1; but, I rarely take the Viper anywhere that she doesn't go too.

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took my girlfriend on the last viper club cruise. It gave me a big headache, it's like taking a dog to a park that likes to run and keeping him on a 1 foot leash. she is a cool girlfriend, but still scared from rolling a car into the ditch.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Often the decision to take the Viper or the other Dodge in the household hinges on whether heated seatst are needed that day. Other than that, the wife prefers the Viper experience (and I'm asked to assist her exit with a butt push).

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(and I'm asked to assist her exit with a butt push).

Hahahahahaha.

As for the rest of you - where are you guys finding these women? If mine weren't at least accepting of my interests and hobbies, she'd be gone.

Mine loves cars....the louder, faster, and rougher the better! Wait...are we still talking about cars? :drive:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once a month my wife and I put the top down and take a hour cruise from the west side of oahu hawaii downto the kaneohe mountains. Theirs a mile long tunnel through the mountain and if it has rained you will see waterfalls. We then stop at a few scenic points and headback home. My wife hates the viper but loves the to down scenery and conversations that spark when tourist see the car

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It usually takes about 2 weeks for the bruises on my right bicep to disappear because my wife beats the $**T out of it everytime I floor it through 1st and 2nd gear. She finally quit riding with me whenever I said I had to "blow the carbon out of it". All bruises are finally healed. She loves the car but but is scared to death of the power.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After four years my wife is starting to feel comfortable riding in it. At first it scared her to death. lol

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine LOVES the car...HATES how I drive it. If the tables were turned, I'd probably be the same way. HATE being a passenger in anything.

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Do we have to drive without the windows and the top off" YES

I will ride with the top and windows in in extreme situations, like a monsoon. Occasionally. Some monsoons we get through with no windows.... and a few towels.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it looks everyone has found a way to keep the wife happy.

For some it is in the car and for other out of the car.

My wife actually loves the Vipers. Hates it when I am having work done on it and I don't have it to take it out.
She really likes it when someone pulls up and asks what kind of muffler does it have.
Naturally the answer is "What muffler" haha

She will not go with me to the track. My one daughter has made it to a track day. The daughter loves driving the track (In her RX-8). The wife never will go to the track. Doesn't want to see the car get wrecked (or maybe me get wrecked?)
More than one person has told me that it is better if the wife doesn't show up. I have zero opinions either way on that.

The main thing is that it is easier for me with the wife liking the car than not.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife loves the Viper. She hated my Supra, but then again it was a 9 sec 1100whp car. She's already told be she doesn't want me building this car to that power level.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife likes the Viper and all of the attention it gets. She is not overly fond of hard pulls, though that giddy laugh lets me know that deep down inside she digs the thrill. She knows that every tunnel will be filled with sound because she reaches for something to grab before we enter....hmmm, that come out right? Anyway, she always encourages me to get more upgrades in lieu of our "bling for bling" treaty. All in all she is a good sport and never passes up an opportunity to ride in the "crazy car."

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I take my GTS out all the time, she never has told me she didn't enjoy time in the car(except when going sideways in 2nd gear).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen