Dry Sump

Discussion in 'General Viper Competition Coupe Discussion' started by FrankBarba, May 8, 2009.

1. FrankBarba

FrankBarba VCA Member - Northeast

I have heard that some of the CC owners are adding Dry Sumps to their cars. I have gone the usual route contacting Tom Francsis at Viper Race HQ. He does state that there is a kit but i can't get any information out of him in regards to a part list that is included in the kit.

i have also contacted a vendor that supports NARRA no help here either.

2. CCBrian

CCBrian Enthusiast

Frank,did you call Woodhouse? They have always been pretty straight forward with information like this with me.

3. dtenney

dtenney Viper Owner

I wonder if an Accusump would suffice without going full dry sump?

-David

4. FrankBarba

Yes...I did contact Woodhouse Performance. Rick stated that he would price one out & i never heard back from him. Archer Brothers stated the same, never heard back from them either. Viper Race HQ has a kit, no parts list & no directions.

5. mjorgensen Woodhouse

mjorgensen Woodhouse VCA Member - West

These guys get busy this time of year and don't always get back as soon as they would like. I will make a couple calls Monday (today... lol) and see what I can find out for you.

6. FrankBarba

I understand busy. I also understand "seasonal racing". My racing season is definately different that that of a normal race team. I'm planning on the tear down of my motor @ the end of May 2009, while everyone else is in the middle of their season.
    I just figured i'd add this to my list while the motor is out. If it works out that i can add during the tear down all is good, if not maybe a few years...since i currenlty only do 4 - 5 events per year...

7. mjorgensen Woodhouse

mjorgensen Woodhouse VCA Member - West

Frank,

Talked with the Team yesterday and they have the large components but are finding suppliers for the hardware so the quote to you is correct and that they can supply you with an entire system rather than just partial. I expressed the urgency to them on your behalf.

8. repiv

repiv Enthusiast

don't know if you found your answer, but dailey engineering makes a dry sump kit, except for hoses & tank.

i have it on my /06 coupe

9. CCBrian

CCBrian Enthusiast

What price range is the kit?

10. repiv

repiv Enthusiast

apologies, haven't looked here in awhile, abut $4,800