dual citizenship bringing viper into canada?

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone know how this would work...i have dual citizenship (american/canadian) and i wanted to buy a viper from the states and bring it accross here...would I have to still pay taxes in canada?
rick

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm assuming it's an SRT-10 all you will have to ddo if you are importing it for good is change the warning stickers to english/french and add daytime running lamps. I am almost 100% that the speedo has km/h on it so it does not need to be changed.

You are going to have to pay the taxes at the border. Make sure the title is at the border at least 72 hours before crossing or you will be in for a fun surprise. What crossing are you planning on importing the car? Save yourself the headache and use a broker.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never used a broker and have had zero difficulty importing a car.

Dual citizenship is interesting because I do know it is illegal for a Canadian to drive a US car in Canada (even a rental) without importing. I found this out the hard way. You may have a loophole however.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well the situation is that my buddy is a dual citizenship...i'm not...if i get him to buy it drive it accross etc. then change it to my name maybe? I was thinking about this becuase of the 6 month situation where I need to keep the car in the states for 6 months or the warrenty is void!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187