dull spots will not buff out?

vettegc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a couple very faint dull spots on the front of my hood above both headlights. I bought the car used so no idea where they came from. I wonder if someone tried to wet sand it or something. I have followed junkman's videos. I have been using the pc 7424xp (set on speed of 5) and using the orange and white hex logic pads with meguars 105/205. I'm sure I have made 20+ passes with each. I wanted to see if I can get these out before I waxed it but I am about to give up. It really isn't noticeable unless you get in a certain light with certain angle and I don't want to risk going through the clear coat. Is there anything else I should try? Do you think that the clear coat is already gone and thats why its dull?

roller

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think you hit the nail on the head and those areas have been overdone. I would leave as is an do your wax job.

Frank

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use your camera's MACRO function. That will allow you to get closer than 12" and still remain in focus. The macro function allowed me to take this picture. Notice that you can see everything from scratches to dust on this mirror.

You must be registered for see images attach

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets