Dyno Results with 200 Shot

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I bought a NX nitrous Kit to add a 200 shot of Nitrous on my 2004 Viper. Other than the nitrous, and a NAV System, the Viper is stock. I used the standard jetting's for fuel for the 200. Well with the 200 jets, the car was running rich, and with the 150, it was running lean, and of course the kit doesn't come with 175 jets.

Well here are the dyno results. It seems that these viper engines torque really loves Nitrous as the 200 shot gave me 265 more RWTQ. The RWHP numbers were a little lower than I expected, but again due to being too rich I'm sure. Well I did end up getting 175 jets and could feel a small difference, but did not have a chance to re dyno it before coming back here to Iraq.

What do you guys think of the dyno, does it look ok? Do you think the stock Intake and exhaust could of been restricting the Horsepower numbers pretty bad as well? How much do you think I would gain with say the K&N intake and Corsa Exhaust with high flow cats? I hope I don't sound like a repeat if others have asked this same question in the same scenario. Thanks for the help guys. I do plan on upgrading the Exhaust when I get back from Iraq, it should sound much better than it does for as much power that it has.

You must be registered for see images attach

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
holy cripes...looks pretty damn good to me...:)
is this safe to run for our engines, assuming the tune is good?

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been doing searches in these forums and was told that 200 is safe to run with a good tune, but anything more than that your pushing it. You need to upgrade at least the stock fuel system after 200. I was expecting between 620 and 640RWHP as stock I hit 434. That may be where it is at now though with the new jets, but not sure. That Torque number is huge though. I didn't think it would get that much. Now the car is garaged until I get back :(

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nitrous is a complete system in itself. The shot contains the "air" and the fuel. Any intake mods will make no difference to the Nitrous power, since the Nitrous bypasses the intake. Think of it as being a Chemical supercharger.

Any exhaust work you do will increase power from the Nitrous and the 'natural' powers. Headers, Hi-flow Cats and exhaust upgrades will make a big difference to the NOS power.

You should also upgrade your axleshafts before you bust them. Add driveshaft loops as well.

Another upgrade you should really add is Gen 3 front brakes to increase your stopping power to keep in line with your power upgrades.

If you'd like Nitrous Power all the time look into a Roe supercharger. Then you could use the Nitrous as an intercooler and power adder.

Ted

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice numbers...

As far as the fuel system, get a Dedicated Fuel system and run 116 race gas.

I know the forged motor cars will handle 300 pill without problems with the correct mods. We did several of those when I worked at Nitrous Outlet.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nitrous is a complete system in itself. The shot contains the "air" and the fuel. Any intake mods will make no difference to the Nitrous power, since the Nitrous bypasses the intake. Think of it as being a Chemical supercharger.

Any exhaust work you do will increase power from the Nitrous and the 'natural' powers. Headers, Hi-flow Cats and exhaust upgrades will make a big difference to the NOS power.

You should also upgrade your axleshafts before you bust them. Add driveshaft loops as well.

Another upgrade you should really add is Gen 3 front brakes to increase your stopping power to keep in line with your power upgrades.

If you'd like Nitrous Power all the time look into a Roe supercharger. Then you could use the Nitrous as an intercooler and power adder.

Ted
His OP says 2004 Viper so he already has Gen III brakes. And there are no Roe S/C for Gen IIIs yet.;)

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man nice numbers I'm getting ready to put a 200 on mine. I have a K&N and the belanger exhaust kit. I'm going to start out at 150 though until I get the vec3 so I can tune it safely. I really don't know how much these cars will hold so I'm kind of scared to push it to far.

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:confused::rolleyes::dunno:I am new to giggle gas. I guess I need "NITROUS FOR DUMMIES" Is there a kit made that operates on throttle position? The kit I am looking for on my bike is set up so at about 3/4 or so open on the gas then it kicks in the nitrous if the main switch is turned on. What other mods should be concidered to run 150-200 shot? Any help???

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A dedicated fuel system (extra fuel pump, lines, etc.) is always a good idea with bigger hp Nitrous Systems. NX makes a "slow opening" system that opens the solenoids slowly and gradually, which may be waht you're looking for.

Engines can take much more hp at higher revs, less hp at lower revs. They sell rpm switches that won't allow the Nitrous into the engine until a predetermined rpm )for engine safety. Most Nitrous Outlaw racers use 2 systems. A smaller Nitrous kit for off the line and a bigger system set to turn on automatically at a higher rpm. Some use a Pro fogger system for perfect adjustments at each cylinder (10 fogger nozzles).

A phone call to the Nitrous supplier of your choice should get you all the info you need.

Ted

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:confused::rolleyes::dunno:I am new to giggle gas. I guess I need "NITROUS FOR DUMMIES" Is there a kit made that operates on throttle position? The kit I am looking for on my bike is set up so at about 3/4 or so open on the gas then it kicks in the nitrous if the main switch is turned on. What other mods should be concidered to run 150-200 shot? Any help???

Every nitrous kit comes with a micro or tps switch of some sort that will engage the nitrous at only full throttle operation.

Also with the micro/tps switch you will need to at least use a window switch. This only allows the nitrous to be sprayed between certain rpm's. Example, you will want it to start at 3000rpm, and shut off at 5800rpm's right before red line.

There are a few, "cheap", but awesome progressive controllers on the market that can limit how much nitrous you spray in each gear, and can progressively control through the rpm's. The NX maximizer can even vary nitrous by up to 35% with the throttle position. You can also use most progressive controllers in conjuction with a wideband controller for additional safety.

I used to work for a nitrous system supply company, so if you have any question's don't be afraid to ask.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235