Dynoed my Viper today 612 RWHP 619 RWTQ! 91 pump gas!

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

2001 GTS

Mods:

Ported Striker aftermarket head castings Shaved to get 11.1 to 1 Comp
Jesel 1.7 rockers
Striker street cam
Smoth tubes
S&P Green filters (pulled out on this pull)
Balenger Headers
Corsa Exhaust
Archer UD pullies
RPS Alum Flywheel
Magnacore wires
Ron Davis Readator
Tune
3.55 gears
CCW 19" wheels with 355/25R19's out back
Short throw shifter

Not bad for a car that you just fill up with 91 oct and go....

The pull right befor this was 604 rwhp the only change was pulling out the S&B "green" filters. That gave me 8 RWHP, I guess there is a limit to what those filters can flow:)

Striker heads are bad ass to say the least!

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, those are some numbers. I know what I'm going to be doing this spring on my 2002 RT10.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome results, looks like that extra point of compression really helped out. I'm at 10.1 to 1 and youv'e got 30 horses on me. Lots of cash for these heads, but I gotta say they really work well. Take it to the track, I'll be running mine this weekend for the first time. Can't wait to compare with yours.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great results!!!!!!

Do you know the specs on the cam...and what the bench said your head flow? I have a similar set up (1.7's, tubes, headers, headwork, intake, cam etc) and am a good 30-40 below you. I'm wondering how much is the difference in compression, different cam or head flow. If you want to keep that stuff a secret, no problem - just askin'!

Enjoy the power!:2tu:

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, great numbers. I should of researched a little more before doing my Roe setup. I would of loved to have a 600+hp NA setup. I am completely satisfied with the Roe but a NA car would of been nice.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is making me foam at the mouth! I am going N/A as well with the help of Greg Good and I am getting excited about it.
Very nice #'s

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great results!!!!!!

Do you know the specs on the cam...and what the bench said your head flow? I have a similar set up (1.7's, tubes, headers, headwork, intake, cam etc) and am a good 30-40 below you. I'm wondering how much is the difference in compression, different cam or head flow. If you want to keep that stuff a secret, no problem - just askin'!

Enjoy the power!:2tu:

I know the specs on the cam, but I promised Jeff I would not let it out. But it's his normal street cam for the striker heads. It's really not that radical on the street. And it's in strait up, I do not have a adjustable timing chain on the car. I am think of maybe going back in and putting on and retarding the cam a few deg This should add some power up top, and I have no problem loosing some down lo, this is a daily driver and a little less tire spin in 1st and 2nd would be nice.

the heads flow ~330 on the intake side.

I had the heads shaved a extra 0.060" over the way thy normaly come.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressive numbers to say the least!! Did you hollow out or remove the cats?

Regards,
Aaron

I have "test" pipes on it now, I had 3" HF cats on it for a wile, I did not Dyno it with the 3" cats on it but when I took them of it realy did feel like it lost a bit of lo-end.

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good god those are impressive numbers, what kind of ecu are you using?

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A quick search in google gave me a stock weight for a 2001 gts being 3,280lb(1,488 kg). (is this correct???)

So lets say the car is now 3150 with the lighter wheels/Exhaust/FW ect, and if there is a 15% DL loss in power that puts me at 720 crank HP that gives me a power to weight of 4.375 lb/ per hp (or 4.652 lb /hp with a 200lb driver)

I think the Power to weight in a 1999-2007 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa with a 200 lb rider is 4.625 lb/hp

Last edited:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fast Matt. I have a much smaller cam than you...and make about 565rwhp 610rwtq. I've have run many 600cc GSX-R's and R6's. In a roll-on (on a track mind you) I've always pulled them easily.

I haven't ran a 1,000cc bike yet but I'm looking forward to it. Good number and enjoy that. 600rwhp in a N/A setup is easy these days. Just think if you put in a solid roller cam and rev'd it to 7,000rpm :D

My list of kills goes from a H22+Turbo HB civic all the way upto a F430. (The civic was faster :D ) You will have fun running into the C6ZOzit.

If you put on some sticky tires and learn to drive it, you WILL be in the high 10's. With over 600rwhp you should trap right at 130-132mph. I've hit 126.98 so far with 35psi in old tires, un-prepped track, 85+heat and granny shifting. My worst trap speed with the setup has been a 124.8

Last edited:

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First, Congrats on those awesome numbers.
I have a question regarding the 3.55:
Shouldn't the power be affected by the ratio of the diff? I thought the ratio of the dif was just a parameter the dyno was integrating in its calcs?
Thx.

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, Congrats on those awesome numbers.
I have a question regarding the 3.55:
Shouldn't the power be affected by the ratio of the diff? I thought the ratio of the dif was just a parameter the dyno was integrating in its calcs?
Thx.

steeper gears lower you Dyno RWHP #'s because of added friction. And it's not much but it does have a effect. Stock vipers or close to stock vipers seem to loose 10-12 rwhp be going from stock gears to 3.55's.

TrainerDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
steeper gears lower you Dyno RWHP #'s because of added friction. And it's not much but it does have a effect. Stock vipers or close to stock vipers seem to loose 10-12 rwhp be going from stock gears to 3.55's.
Awesome numbers, but now I'm confused I dont get it, you get better acceleration but lose power on the dyno?, smaller gears spin faster that is why we change them to accelerate faster , I know you are correct, but please educate me, I take it this is just a dyno thing?

Last edited:

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the input. :2tu:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A quick search in google gave me a stock weight for a 2001 gts being 3,280lb(1,488 kg). (is this correct???)

So lets say the car is now 3150 with the lighter wheels/Exhaust/FW ect, and if there is a 15% DL loss in power that puts me at 720 crank HP that gives me a power to weight of 4.375 lb/ per hp (or 4.652 lb /hp with a 200lb driver)

I think the Power to weight in a 1999-2007 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa with a 200 lb rider is 4.625 lb/hp

The difference is that the Busa will leave you like you were setting still ;)
Nice numbers, enjoy !!

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The difference is that the Busa will leave you like you were setting still ;)
Nice numbers, enjoy !!

well seeing how, I own and ride a 2007 Hayabusa. I think it will depend on from what speed the race is from and to.

From a stop I think so, from 100mph-up I think the Viper is faster, and of corse the Viper has a higher top speed (hell Stock the viper had a higher top speed)

TrainerDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the specs on the cam, but I promised Jeff I would not let it out. But it's his normal street cam for the striker heads. It's really not that radical on the street. And it's in strait up, I do not have a adjustable timing chain on the car. I am think of maybe going back in and putting on and retarding the cam a few deg This should add some power up top, and I have no problem loosing some down lo, this is a daily driver and a little less tire spin in 1st and 2nd would be nice.

the heads flow ~330 on the intake side.

I had the heads shaved a extra 0.060" over the way thy normaly come.
I saw you tried to post this on corvette forum, to educate them as to how much power you can extract form the Viper motor without getting radical, they locked your post. . Did you see the Video they have up? its about a Z06 with just a filter and tune that kept up with a supposedly supercharged 618 RWHP gen 3, the race is a Joke, the Viper was about two cars behind and all of a sudden , before you can blink, like it was on a slingshot the viper went from 2 back to a half a car in front, then just barely won by 3/4 of a car, you could tell something was very wrong, but they posted it anyway, its funny, I guess you need 1000 to beat a stock Z06

Last edited:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well seeing how, I own and ride a 2007 Hayabusa. I think it will depend on from what speed the race is from and to.

From a stop I think so, from 100mph-up I think the Viper is faster, and of corse the Viper has a higher top speed (hell Stock the viper had a higher top speed)

That's great, all you need is an experienced rider to make the video :D In NM there should be plenty of open roads.
600ish whp won't get the job done....yes the top end is electronically limited to 186 on the Busa after 2000, before that it was 212 mph ..... but the race will be over long before then.
I have owned a Busa too :2tu:
It's not a bad thing.....really !!

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's great, all you need is an experienced rider to make the video :D In NM there should be plenty of open roads.
600ish whp won't get the job done....yes the top end is electronically limited to 186 on the Busa after 2000, before that it was 212 mph ..... but the race will be over long before then.
I have owned a Busa too :2tu:
It's not a bad thing.....really !!

I can tell you this, the Busa gains speed very slow after 170mph. I don’t see how a STOCK busa could ever hit 212mph with how long it takes to go from 170 to 186 to get to 212 it would take 100 miles of road lolol.

Also I have a buddy that has a stock ZX-14 and he can kill my busa from any speed to any speed, and I recently viewed a article where thy removed the speed limiter from a ZX-14 and still could only get it to 197 mph. So can you Explain to me how a slower less powerful bike can go 15 mph faster in stock form?