Dynoed my Viper today 612 RWHP 619 RWTQ! 91 pump gas!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys had to hit the bank as i said if the owner wants i will call EVAN SMITH and HAVE THE CAR tested,inspected,run at ENGLISHTOWN AND PUT IN mOPAR Performance under the true stipulation that we have a mid 9 second Viper trapping mid 140s on motor alone.Please have the OWNER e mail me so i can inturn call Evan.Personally whay i am curious about tjhat no one has addressed is the amount of power needed to trap 146.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's nothing shady about that time or mph. The car has a lot of compression, race gas, pretty good sized cam, no exhaust system, etc. It runs what it should.

I saw it run 9.40's at Bradenton a few years back.

Scott and Norms reputations speak for themselves.
Greg as a tuner will you state publically then you are 100 sure that this car optained a trap speed of 146 mph on motor alone.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't say 800+ crank hp, I said 600rwhp. The post was about 612 rwhp going mid nines. Since my car wnt 10.5 with less hp on street tires I'd say that my car would have gone high to mid nines with slicks.

Sorry, I wasn't agreeing with badgt.

Since Prostocks are going ...what ... 6 secs? I'd say that a 488ci perfromance designed engine could easly go faster than all the V8s in Prostock - if allowed into that class. Pro stocks are not allowed power adders and they are all n/a. They also went 7 sec. way back in the 70s.

Since it's so easy to make huge hp with complete reliability with a sc, TT or Nitrous most people choose that way to add power. It just makes common sense ... unless money isn't a factor.

Ted
Ted you stated 600 to the tires well thats 750 to the flywheel They are claiming their car is trapping 7 mph FASTER than you run but you have a blower on a worked motor they have no power adders.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't speak for the owner, but I'd be happy to wager on the numbers..
I personally drove the car to a best time of 9.48@145mph (high mph of 148.xx).

NO Nitrous.. NEVER had it.. ALL MOTOR.. On slicks.. T-56 6-speed.. IRS.. etc.. etc..

Regarding LPE, Ryan is the newest sales guy and quoted the street 542ci magazine times on street tires.
If you want facts regarding Norms car, talk to Tim Dyer (Sales Mgr) or Graham Behan (Chief Engineer).

You must be registered for see images

Wait so now you are claiming a low 10 second run on Pilots as well -street tires.Man i got to see this.

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh sakes alive what is the point of these useless threads? Really...
Just wanted to make sure you saw my post about being there to witness the passes mayself and how you can get a fast number and lower MPH at the same time...who'd a thought?
Hennessey ran 10.70's in the 130's with their 08 car with headers/exhaust/intake/tune. I think they still have the video on their site or you can look it up on youtube.

Bullet488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait so now you are claiming a low 10 second run on Pilots as well -street tires.Man i got to see this.

:dunno:

Street tires? Not sure where you got that? We like to go fast and don't run the car on pilots. I'm not claiming to have run anything other than what I can prove which is 9.48 at 145+ mph on slicks. Hell, I can bog the car, hit the rev-limiter and still hit 9's.

We've done it many times, at many public events and with many spectators. The car runs on 28" ET Streets and usually sixty foots in the 1.3-1.4s. Stock clutch, hydraulic cam, CNC'd GenII cylinder heads.... It even has A/C and a CD player.

The car is setup, well built, tuned perfectly and driven to it's potential.
Nothing more..

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the owner has some seriously deep pockets, the balls to spend cash on this car and the driver is one of the best around.

both driver and owner are standup guys with plenty of witnesses..

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just talked to EVAN SMITH .LETS GET HER INSPECTED AND TESTED.This should be no problem esp sice MCMullen Argus is moving ALL their offices to Tampa (Bradaton will be their new home track)in July .Once again should this cars times be verifyed i will be the first to come on here and state publically i was wrong Please have the owner Email me and let me know if he will participate .

Bullet488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iam saying the car you referenced ran mid 9s at 145 its IMPOSSIBLE to run that on all motor if you have ever raced a Viper in your life you would know its impossible as that trap speed is indicative of 900 plus horsepower .You simply cant make that on motor.The fastest SUPERCHARGED GEN 2S in the world run those times.Seen and raced MANY HMS ,TNT LPE ect.The baddest Lpe strokers out there (550 CU) TRAPPED IN THE 133-134 RANGE ON STOCK TIRES AT SEA LEVEL TRACKS.pULL UP ant HORSEPOWER INDICATOR CHART AND PLUG IN A 3400 LB CAR AND MID 140S TRAP SPEEDS and see what the claimed power out put is.That tell me how you can make that power in a Gen 2 VIPER on motor alone without Juice.

One last note.. Just to be clear..

You referenced a DLM, HMS and the now defunct TNT as your guidelines to 1/4 potential?

Since when have these been the benchmarks for what can be accomplished on the dragstrip? AND street tires on 9 second cars? Why?

I've personally driven at least 10 modified vipers on the dragstrip - RT/10, GTS, twin turbo, supercharged, nitrous fed and naturally aspirated. You say "if you have ever raced a Viper in your life you would know its impossible".... I say that you are living in a bubble (and 10 years in the past), IF you think that Don Nase's N/A viper or Dan Black's early production DLM centrifugal car is apples to apples to Norm's LPE build.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just talked to EVAN SMITH .LETS GET HER INSPECTED AND TESTED.This should be no problem esp sice MCMullen Argus is moving ALL their offices to Tampa (Bradaton will be their new home track)in July .Once again should this cars times be verifyed i will be the first to come on here and state publically i was wrong Please have the owner Email me and let me know if he will participate .

Dude, you got your a$$ handed down and quit butt kissing Z06s so much.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just Talked To Evan Smith .lets Get Her Inspected And Tested.this Should Be No Problem Esp Sice Mcmullen Argus Is Moving All Their Offices To Tampa (bradaton Will Be Their New Home Track)in July .once Again Should This Cars Times Be Verifyed I Will Be The First To Come On Here And State Publically I Was Wrong Please Have The Owner Email Me And Let Me Know If He Will Participate .

SHOW UP To The NEXT VIPER EVENT, SEE For YOURSELF! YOU CAN BRING EVAN SMITH Along TO0!

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bet if Evan Smith told you the sky was purple. You would believe it.

Reaction score
Greg as a tuner will you state publically then you are 100 sure that this car optained a trap speed of 146 mph on motor alone.

I'm not speaking as a tuner, because I'm not one.

The car has the best of everything. No expense spared. Lingenfelter is one of the best engine builders in the country.

No, I did not tear the car down looking for nitrous. I will reiterate that that car does not need nitrous to those numbers.

It's a 542 with over 12:1 compression, a big cam, open headers, etc. etc. A really good heads/cam/headers car will go over 130 on pump gas. Why is 145 on Norm's car so surprising?

hardtop

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The car has the best of everything. No expense spared. Lingenfelter is one of the best engine builders in the country.

No, I did not tear the car down looking for nitrous. I will reiterate that that car does not need nitrous to those numbers.

It's a 542 with over 12:1 compression, a big cam, open headers, etc. etc. A really good heads/cam/headers car will go over 130 on pump gas. Why is 145 on Norm's car so surprising?

Because Evan said so.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good God, that 1Bad GTS dude is a yapping washer woman, if ever there was one. The facts are facts and.....................

YOU GOT OWNED!!!

Good work, Vipeuup. You really kicked the **** out of the troll who has been pestering this forum for quite some time now.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good God, that 1Bad GTS dude is a yapping washer woman, if ever there was one. The facts are facts and.....................

YOU GOT OWNED!!!

Good work, Vipeuup. You really kicked the **** out of the troll who has been pestering this forum for quite some time now.

Just being real with that dillusional troll.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's a 542 with over 12:1 compression, a big cam, open headers, etc. etc. A really good heads/cam/headers car will go over 130 ump gas. Why is 145 on Norm's car so surprising?
Basically professional drag racer Don Nase was running the same motor build as this and myself=BEST of everything. only it was a small stroker 510 .Big cam,12.1 open headers.His interior was gutted ect he trapped in the 136-137 range.If you look at the 9 second time sheet he picked up 30 mph back 8th mile =serious power in the easy 800 plus range which equal to most forced induction cars out there.Greg to put these numbers in perspective the FULL BLOWN GTSR ENGINES were aroung 800 hp.DRY SUMPTED,13 to one compression ,Solid cam ind throttle body intake.A stock intake will not flow to get near that power level.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets get tested if iam wrong iwill stand up BUT a refusal here (which is what iam now starting to here )proves iam right .Talk is cheap the offer is on the table.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps those LPE engines are great dont get me wrong BUT you can not compare them to the hundred grand pieces of the Oreca cars.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As i also replyied i ran the 2000 Mopar Nats against a 540 LPE car at E-town MODDED STREET TIRE CLASS )HIS NUMBERS WERE NO WHERE NEAR WHAT is being claimed here.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

YOU GOT OWNED!!!

Alex you never get your ass kicked because you HIDE behind the computer

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, let's look at this. Some guy(you) doesn't believe TXWYD's(Norm's) car is capable of 9's, so you're offering him the chance to bring his car to you to prove it..................... Do I have that right? :lmao::lmao:

I would think he might consider to "prove" it if there was a 3-5 page spread in several National magazines, but not to an everyday schmuck, but let's see if he chimes in :rolleyes::rolleyes:(Pssssssst, not going happen)....................................:smirk:

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As i also replyied i ran the 2000 Mopar Nats against a 540 LPE car at E-town MODDED STREET TIRE CLASS )HIS NUMBERS WERE NO WHERE NEAR WHAT is being claimed here.

Because your dillusional Z06 lover.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Um *Conan O' Brien voice* "in the year 2000aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddd is not 2007. Um, think the might be a bit more power made by these cars in 7 years??????? Just thinkin :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Now, welcome to 2009 :nana::nana::nana::spank::spank:

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ps those LPE engines are great dont get me wrong BUT you can not compare them to the hundred grand pieces of the Oreca cars.

Oreca built motors are for endurance. Not for big power like Norman's. *****

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, let's look at this. Some guy(you) doesn't believe TXWYD's(Norm's) car is capable of 9's, so you're offering him the chance to bring his car to you to prove it..................... Do I have that right? :lmao::lmao:

I would think he might consider to "prove" it if there was a 3-5 page spread in several National magazines, but not to an everyday schmuck, but let's see if he chimes in :rolleyes::rolleyes:(Pssssssst, not going happen)....................................:smirk:
These are the facts my old GTS never lost in competition(4 STRAIGHT MOPAR NAT TITLES .Car ran against the best of the best modded cars engine only class.It is currently owned by the EX NAT PRES of or club ) was featured in MUSCLE MUSTANG and Fast Ford in a shootout that involved the FASTEST TRUE STREET CARS IN THE NY Metro area.THE CAR WAS DRIVEN BY SOME OF THE best DRIVERs IN THE COUNTRY on one of the fastest tracks there is (E-TOWN )and never came near the numbers you guys are pushing.(HUNDREDS of HORSEPOWER AWAY NA-MOTOR to Motor ) Where were thses 9 second cars when i was competiting all those years I think i have the right to be skeptical .To prove my point i called the editor of the largest dedicated Mustang Mag in the country to see if he would feature it in a test and article in his MOPAR mag.The answer was yes.-provided it checks out Lets get it on.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the owner has some seriously deep pockets, the balls to spend cash on this car and the driver is one of the best around.

both driver and owner are standup guys with plenty of witnesses..
Plum i realize what your saying but between myself and Nace we also spent big dollars.If the guy took a full blown Oreca Motor at 125 grand and put it in the car its doubtful that could achieve these numbers.That Oreca engine was flat out the most powerful NA MOTOR ever ran in the Viper for many different reasons.GTSR BLOCK .DRY SUMP OILING.OVER 13 TO 1 COMPR.SOLID RACE CAM. 10 THROTTLE BODY INTAKE.(INTAKE alone worth like 75 horsepower over a stock Viper and was close to 15 grand )OPEN HEADER.GTSR RACE HEADS. Motec race controller.If you look back (and you can call Doug Levin directly to verify this )i set up the test of Danny Blacks DLM stage 2 plus that car was over 750 to the tire and could not run near a 146 mph trap.-running 8lbs boost.Ask Doug what his stage 3 Cars are trapping at i bet its in the high 140 range.