Elites new hood design introductory offer

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
281DSC01219-med.jpg
281BLUE_1186-med.JPG
281amanda_1189-med.JPG
281bluehood2-med.JPG

Here are the pictures i promised,dont mind the floresant light glare in the shop.we are now taking orders for these hoods,they will be $4500 for first ten to get them on some cars.As we all know one of the biggest problems with our vipers is extreme under hood engine temps.The factory hood provides very little escape for engine heat.The amt.of heat that this new hood allows to escape is amasing, you can actually see the heat vapors rising through the vents.These hoods utilize all factory hardware and hinges.They are a duall shelled hood and are also 18lbs lighter than the factory hood.they have a water drain system in the inner shell,so they can be used in all weather driving.they are a beautifull fit and require no body work or fabrication.they will be shipped in primer.Info and orders: [email protected] www.vipersbyelite.com Elite Motorsports of Tampa 813-294-9886

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I had a Viper, I would buy your hood! That is a beautiful piece of work there. Im sure it looks a million times better in person. Nice Job ViperMed!
:laugh:

Austin

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermed,

That is really one impressive piece of art work - congrats, I am sure you will fill your order book for the next 2 years

The price blows me away :eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you also working on any products for the SRT

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will post inside pics in the next couple of days,the next run price will be 5500 with a 10% VCA discount,crating and shipping to Cal. will be approx 500.there is still 3 spots open on the introductory sets.

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Composite resin / fiberglass also avail in Carbon fiber add 1900

That's a pretty amazing price for a piece of CF that big.

...No, I wasn't paid to say that. :)

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are in the process of doing srt panels.We are also going to be offering all of our panels/hoods in 100% carbon fiber.Hood should come in at less than 20lbs and still utilize factory hinging we will be modifying the springs though.

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With regard to hood louver position: The engine heat on the SRT-10 needs to be vented away from intake for the cockpit heating/ac system, at base of windshield on the right side. How is the new Mercedes SLR ducting its 600 hp engine heat ?(it does have huge side exhausts like the SRT)
Thanks, Bob S from Wind Baffle

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jow long for the Carbon pieces. Only $1900 more for under 20 lbs. Sounds great. How much does the original weigh with pad.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, i gotta ask. To me $4,500 for a hood alone seems really expensive. I am in no way saying this sin't a deal. I want to know why $4,500 for a hood like this is such a good deal.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Francisco
Because this hood is functionally better for releasing all that heat under the hood.Cooling down engine compartment helps performance. Plus its a great looking hood as well. Did I mention its lighter too! LOL

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, i gotta ask. To me $4,500 for a hood alone seems really expensive. I am in no way saying this sin't a deal. I want to know why $4,500 for a hood like this is such a good deal.

Since the retiring of the Gen2,the price of OEM hoods have jumped to 17,000 for one in primer,not that it justifies anything,just demands other options.Also the viper hood being a dual shelled hood makes it actually two hoods.this "clam shell" design makes the hood one of the largest hoods ever designed on an automobile and is not as simple as making a mold and laying some resign and your done,it requires multiple molds,structuring and inner hardware not to mention a very large amount of material.Most important of all is as we all know,since the Vipers inception one of the biggest problems plagueing the car is cooling problems,as with an all aluminum engine a large amount of heat is produced, demanding an escape flow.Unfortunately with the stock hood the only source is the two inserted louvers wedged against the fender walls and with the gen1s,no release.This new design has solved a long time problem especially in stop and go traffic.What really amazes myself and people that have installed the hood is watching the surprising amount of heat vapors rising from all of the specially designed heat releasing louvers.In my opinion this alone is worth the price of the hood not to mention longevity of your motor.The cosmetic enhancement is just a bonus