Engine sawp

WSAYERS80

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone considered or know of anyone who has done an engine swap putting a Gen 4 in to a Gen 2? Is it even worth the hassel if you cant control it lol. Kinda have the best of both worlds the power of the Gen 4 into the beauty of the G2 GTS..

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It can be done, we have done conversions as well as stand-alone engines for RestoMods of nearly every generation in some form, including Gen-4. That being said, it would be quite expensive to do what you are asking from an engine management and retrofit standpoint- it would likely be more for that end of it than the engine itself.

IMHO, I would look into our VS-X700 instead. We can install on a Gen-2 on request. It would give you the look of the Gen-4, more power than a Gen-4, the most important technology aspects, and done in a package that absolutely trumps the Gen-4 in the visual department- at least for stock appearances. Look at my avatar to the left for a quick reference as to what I mean.

jasond29

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you offer the VS-x700 package minus install? I honestly don't want to ship my car and half the fun anyway is to do the install myself.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you offer the VS-x700 package minus install? I honestly don't want to ship my car and half the fun anyway is to do the install myself.

Sorry, we do not at this time. The initial install is something that really should be set up here, and the package was never intended to be shippable product. Quite honestly, when I delete the install labor, and add the time to box and ship the parts, take the damage risk of doing so, and then iron out the complexities of the initial install with another installer, it no longer makes financial sense to produce the package. I have considered changing this, but it would require 2-3 simultaneous package orders to make it feasible and cost effective to do it that way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235