Enough Said

I Ben Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The second-generation Dodge Viper could return to international racing competition, according to the French ORECA operation. Hugues de Chaunac's company, which developed the original Viper GTS-R, has revealed it is in talks with Chrysler about restarting development work on the SRT-10. An evaluation of the car for racing was started in late 2000 prior to the project being canceled the following year.
"We are in close contact with Chrysler about this," said de Chaunac. "I know they are thinking about the future and have strong memories of our successes in the past."

From Autoweek online. Either the author consideres the SRT-10 to be second-generation or he just made a mistake. Either way, I'd like to see ORECA back in the hunt.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold on, I'm a little confused here. You said second-generation Viper could return to internat'l racing, but later you also said de Chaunac is talking to Dodge about "restarting development work on the SRT-10." Which is it? I don't think FIA will allow the Gen II GTS-R/T to go back to racing, as Dodge doesn't manufacture those body types anymore, and cannot justify the 100 production copies needed.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a long time PVO referred to the SRT as the 2nd generation. I don't know if they have officially adopted Gen III but I do know that when it was called VGX it was also referred to as second chapter. Obviously the label did not stick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi