Eric Shuhandler Benefit Car Show

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's get some Vipers out to this benefit car show. Eric Shuhandler was the Gilbert police officer recently murdered during a routine traffic stop.

Eric Shuhandler Benefit Car Show

Event Info:

Date: February 28
Event Host: Arizona Lightning Owners Club
Event Location: Gilbert Police Department, 75 E Civic Center Dr, Gilbert (Get Map)
Event Contact: Ken 480-861-4134
Event Hours: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Event Entry Fee: Donations Accepted

On Thursday, Jan. 28th, we lost a member of the Gilbert, AZ Police Department during a routine traffic stop.

On Sunday, February 28th, the Arizona Lightning Owners Club (AZLOC) is hosting a benefit car show to raise donations for the 100 club, which supports the families of fallen public servants.​

Last edited:

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dale,

I agree with you. I will check my schedule but I am pretty sure I am in. I will also post on the azvipers club email and see if we can't get more members out there too.

*Updated* Sorry Dale it looks like you already emailed the club. For some reason your email went into my "junk mail" box so I did not see it at first. It looks like there is a form and you have to register due to the limited number of spots available. If you have not called already I can contact the guy and let him know the club would like to come. I would then be willing to fill out the form and get it to them if you do not have the time or want to do it. Please let me know.

Whomever might be interested please post so we can get a number of cars that would want to go.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dale.Volz

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric Shuhandler Benefit Car Show - Latest Info

For those of you registered or are interested in participating in or attending the Shuhandler Benefit Car Show, I've pasted below the latest information I received from the organizer. As posted on the AZLOC forum we have 12 contiguous spaces reserved for the club, by my count 9 of which are for Vipers. I am aware of six of the nine: Eddie x2, Don, Mike, Robert, and me.

See you all there.
Dale

Good morning!

I wanted to provide you a quick update on the fundraiser for this Sunday, Feb. 28th. I pray that the weather will be good for us but the car show will go on, rain or shine. We will not be detoured, it is way too important and many lives will be touched because of what you are doing.

• Registration starts at 7:30 am, the benefit starts at 9:00 am. Please bring your completed registration forms Sunday morning.
  • I'm not sure how long it will last but anticipate somewhere in the 1-3:00 pm range. It really depends on how many citizens come out to support it. I've planned to be there all day until they stop coming by. I realize this may be too long of a day for some, stay as long as you can please.
  • Donations can be made by cash, check (made out to the 100 Club of Arizona) or by credit/debit card. The 100 Club will be able to give receipts to those who want them.
  • Please bring an ice chest with sodas or water and it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring some snacks. There are restaurants across the street if you would rather. I'm hoping to keep people who have vehicles in the show to not pull their vehicles and make beverage/food runs if possible. Next year we'll be better equipped and have food/beverage vendors. We just didn't have enough time to pull it off this year between permits and submitting all the info necessary to have vendors per city requirements.
  • There have been questions about putting up tents. We have the go ahead to put up booths for the 100 Club and the Gilbert Citizens Academy Alumni with tent/awning. The city may give us a fit if we had individuals putting up tents through out their parking lot. We will have to use caution and not have tents or awnings so we don't upset city officials.
  • We are planning on grouping vehicles by car/truck club. Those of you not affiliated with a club but submitted several entrees, we will also plan on having you park together in the car show. It would be best if clubs or groups that wish to have your show vehicles displayed together arrive together. It will make it much easier to accommodate this plan.
  • Because we initially planned on having 75-100 show vehicles and now it looks like we are going to have 250-300, we have increased the amount of spots available for show vehicles. Please continue to spread the word, we have more room now and would love to see it surpass the 300 vehicle mark. What an awesome showing of support for our police and firefighters to see!

I look forward to meeting each of you on Sunday. Members of our Arizona Lightning Owners Club will be on site by 6 a.m. If you can help stage vehicles, collect registration forms etc we would appreciate your help. Although it will be a long day, it will be a rewarding day too.

I encourage you to email or call me with any questions or concerns you may have. Please invite your family, friends and neighbors - let us never forget what Eric and all of our men and women do for us everyday! This is our time to support and honor them.

Thank you and see you Sunday!
Ken
C - 480-861-4134

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave