Eureka!

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have finally discovered after watching Moparboy's vids on why i have yet to warm up to the GEN5? At first i did not see this until there were side by side shots of GEN5 compared with the GEN5 race car, but what's missing for me on the streetcare are the large foglights on the front bumper that was always present up until now, (minus the GEN2 ACR's). Wonder if the acr version of the GEN5 will have the foglights that the race car version has, lets cross our fingers.

J

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to burst your bubble but most of us saw that the first day lol. I for one agree with you totally. The street Viper needs those fog lights badly to add some menace to the soft front end. I hope they add the fogs for production or at least add it to the track package.

OP
OP
J

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heeee sorry for the late coming haaaaaaaaaaaa, but seriously i had been scratching my head (think skull) since april 5 and for the life of me could'nt put a finger on it.

J

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah its glaring omision to me. Here a photoshop I just did. I just swapped the fogs from the race car to the GTS. Its a quick rush job so it aint the best but you get the idea of it would look if SRT would offer it. It almost makes the girly girl eyelash headlights bearable lol. Its the only thing Im not too fond of with this car.
You must be registered for see images attach

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad they lost the fog lights and like the new look better. They are on the race car because they will be needed. I have not used the fog lights in 9 years of SRT10 ownership. Just my opinion---you can't please everyone!

Bill

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah its glaring omision to me. Here a photoshop I just did. I just swapped the fogs from the race car to the GTS. Its a quick rush job so it aint the best but you get the idea of it would look if SRT would offer it. It almost makes the girly girl eyelash headlights bearable lol. Its the only thing Im not too fond of with this car.
You must be registered for see images attach

wow, imo that is hidius. Way too busy in the front and why do we need foglights anyways? I for one was glad to see the functional vents, less weight and no worry of a useless part to break. foglights were needed in prior design because nothing useful was in that big space. I don't think needed with the new design and don't think would have added to the race car if not a requirement. I may be in the minority, but I really like the departure from the cartoonish front end to the new more sophisticated one.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well as you rightly said you can't please everyone. This just a poor chop. If it was integrated well like on the race car it would look great IMHO. Everyone seems to love the racecars front end better than the streetcars. So I'd imagine it would work well on at least the ACR

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the brake ducts but I have always like the fog lights in my SRT and run them whenever I drive.

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry folks...but that poll was already started, check the: " Fogs or no Fogs " thread under the Gen. V Discussion Forum and give your option cause the guys at SRT may be watching. I commend the artistic work of Snakebitten on that photoshop job of the new snake with fogs, but I think if the guys at SRT decided to add fogs to the car ( which they stated..aren't needed ), they would probably go with something more slimmer and sleeker; more closer in design to the original air ducts on the front. I for one..am for the fogs...So I have my fingers crossed....

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jog. I added this pic to the poll page so they get a reasonable idea of how it might look with the GTSR fogs. Maybe one of the resident PS gurus will do a better chop of the fogs with a chin spoiler.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely like having the fogs on my Gen III. The more light the better when driving at night. Plus I usually turn on the parking lights and fogs when it's starting to become dusk. It gives you better visibility to other cars when headlights aren't needed yet. As for the brake cooling ducts, I know Gen III's have both, so it's not an either/or situation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960