Ever wonder what a GEN V hood would look like on a Gen 3/4 ??? PIC !

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick concept, not polished but a quickie

2013_hood_on_G3:4.jpg

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clam Shell?

No, no clam shell, I would not be surprised if Viper insurance rate go through the roof again with the new clamshell hood, the Gen 2 hood was fiberglass and Dodge's price on those was $17K

I will make this hood shortly, only in carbon, not fiberglass, I will make the big vents an Aero benefit as well versus just holes in the hood, They will go down further on the ramped side so that the vented opening is facing toward the radiator versus aimed at the ground. This will give the air that hits the surface a downforce creating plane to hit versus just a hole that then vents along the ramp. A narrow simplified Airbox will need to be part of the mix as well.

I would love to make a clamshell but then it would have to incorporate major surgery for pretty much a similar look when the hood is closed and the Gen 3/4 has the inner fender supports that would have to be replaced etc etc etc. It would be easy in the future to make the car look like a gen 5 though, we recently added a PU (poly Urethane) line to the production mix so bumpers and fenders will be easier to make.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
That is interesting. Don't know if it will work on a striped car, but looks good with that solid graphite.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somehow, putting a Gen V hood on a Gen 3/4 seems poser to me. i.e., "I love the look of the new car, I just don't have the dollars for it." I didn't think that way about the Gen 4 hood on a gen 3 at all. I can't explain the difference to me exactly. It feels the same to me as putting a Gen V hood on a Z06 or a S2000. I don't mean to insult anyone; but, it starts making it look like we are building our own "replica." If I spent the money on a Gen 5; I wouldn't want the guy down the street getting questions about his 10 year old Gen 3 Viper with a replica Gen 5 hood from Joe Public about what's that new Viper like.

My 2 cents.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960